Hourglass Bronze Flash Vanish Flash Highlighting Stick ($42.00 for 0.21 oz.) is a medium copper with warm, brown undertones and a golden shimmer. The consistency was incredibly smooth, almost like a lip balm–thin, lightly emollient but not greasy or heavy on the skin–and easy to work with on bare skin and patted on top of (liquid) foundation. It was opaque in a single layer, but it was easy to apply less using a stippling brush or fingertips (the latter was my preferred method for application). This shade wore well for eight and a half hours on me.
- Milani Glowing (P, $10.00) is lighter (95% similar).
- Cover FX Candlelight (LE, ) is more shimmery, darker (95% similar).
- MAC Gold Deposit (P, $34.00) is lighter (95% similar).
- Make Up For Ever 12 Copper (P, $21.00) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Dior #003 (LE, $53.00) is cooler (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Dew Drop (P, $7.00) is cooler (90% similar).
- Anastasia Golden Bronze (LE, ) is lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Sephora High Noon (P, $16.00) is lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Dior #004 (LE, $53.00) is darker (90% similar).
- Giorgio Armani No. 14 (P, $62.00) is less shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
$42.00/0.21 oz. - $200.00 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to be "long-wearing" that feels "weightless" on the skin. It is supposed to have a glow that is "seamless" and creates a "flash of light" and "intense payoff." It's a cream highlighter with a smooth, thin, and very lightweight consistency that has a touch of tackiness and never fully dries down on the skin, but it did not slide around during the day like I worried it might. It could be applied directly from the tube, but I did prefer using my fingertips to pat it onto the areas I wanted, as it made it easier to build up and diffuse along the edges. When applied from the tube onto the skin, it was definitely intense and opaque in a single layer, as described. There was a softly luminous sheen from it being a cream texture, but there was also a lot of shine from the shimmer, too. I found that none of the five emphasized my skin's natural texture, and they were easy to blend on bare skin as well as over foundation (liquid). They lasted around eight to nine hours on me before starting to get a touch patchy.
Browse all of our Hourglass Vanish Flash Highlighting Stick swatches.
This long-wearing, innovative formula adjusts to your body temperature to blend effortlessly into the skin. Soft-focus technology creates a flash of light on the skin for a virtually perfect highlight every time. It’s also formulated with hollow microspheres for a weightless feel on the skin. The unique, triangular bullet is designed to give you the most precise application. Layer multiple shades to create your own custom shades and looks. Vanish™ Flash Highlighter is designed to work synergistically with the Vanish™ Seamless Finish Foundation Stick.