Guerlain Electric Pearl Meteorites Pearls ($65.00 for 0.80 oz.) is a soft, translucent peach with fine copper micro-sparkles and finer, champagne pearl. It’s the newest limited edition release in the Meteorites Pearls range, and this holiday’s edition is supposed to “create a halo of radiance” with a “subtle harmony of gold and copper pearls” that “counter a dull complexion” while the “champagne and white pearls reflect the light.” It is a more sparkly version in Meteorites, so if seeing visible sparkle on your skin is a deal-breaker, you’ll want to give this a miss. I could see if working as a subtle highlighter on cheeks if desired, and when packed on enough, I could get the faintest hint of color on my skin.
As a finishing powder, it added subtle luminosity all-over my face without making me look powdery, and it did not change my skin tone or coloring. I do find the effect is subtle enough that it is more noticeable in person and in harsher light (studio lighting is more forgiving, so the finishing powder doesn’t do as much lifting). The Meteorite Pearls didn’t impact the longevity of my base in either direction. I felt like I saw the light being reflected and some brightening of my overall complexion, but it was a subtle effect as usual.
I noticed that this year’s edition did not include any pouf or foam round on top the pearls, so mine arrived rather dusty. They are floral-scented.
- Guerlain Clair (02) (P, $65.00) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Guerlain Perles du Paradis (LE, $65.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Guerlain Perles de Legende (LE, $65.00) (90% similar).
- Guerlain Gold Pearl (LE, $65.00) is less shimmery, lighter (85% similar).
- Guerlain Birthday Candle Pearls (LE, $65.00) is less shimmery, cooler (85% similar).
- Guerlain Rainbow Pearls (LE, $65.00) is less shimmery, lighter (85% similar).
- Guerlain Happy Glow Pearls (LE, $65.00) is more shimmery, cooler (80% similar).
- Guerlain Summer Edition (2015) (LE, $65.00) is more shimmery, cooler (80% similar).