Flesh Beauty Twitch Touch Flesh Highlighting Balm ($18.00 for 0.13 oz.) is a soft, light copper with warm, bronze undertones and fine, golden pearl. It had a pearly, luminous sheen on my skin that was slightly dewy. It had sheer coverage, as promised, which applied fairly evenly when I patted it onto my cheekbones. It was easiest to apply it over bare skin, but I didn’t notice too much lifting when I applied it over foundation. The consistency felt more balm-like with some slip and was a little wet and lightly tacky. It wore well for seven and a half hours on me before it started to move around noticeably on my skin.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Lisa Eldridge Solar Light (P, $38.00) is lighter (95% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Glacial Rose (LE, $50.00) is more shimmery, darker, cooler (95% similar).
- Wet 'n' Wild Goddess Glow (P, $5.99) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Cover FX Rose Gold (P, $42.00) is more shimmery, darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Marc Jacobs Beauty Dew You (P, $45.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Anastasia Perla (P, $25.00) is less shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Laura Mercier Luxe (LE, $45.00) is less shimmery, more pigmented (90% similar).
- Natasha Denona Bronze (PiP, ) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- NARS Deep Down (LE, ) is less shimmery, cooler, less glossy (90% similar).
- Lancome Gold Lights (P, $23.00) is cooler (90% similar).
$18.00/0.13 oz. - $138.46 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to have "sheer luminous goodness" that is "blendable" and contains "conditioning oil" for a "lit-from-within glow." It has a more balm-like texture that had moderate slip and felt emollient on the skin without a full dry-down, but it stayed in place for seven to eight hours. The formula seemed to have sheer coverage, as de4scribed, that was fairly blendable on bare skin as well as over base products. I prefer to apply cream and liquid products like these with fingertips (easier to control and faster to blend without fear of contaminating the actual tube of product with foundation or primer).
Worth noting, the tube is very small and contains 0.13 oz. where a lot of mid-end and lower high-end cream highlighting products contain 0.25 oz.
Browse all of our Flesh Beauty Touch Flesh Highlighting Balm swatches.
Diisostearyl Malate, Octyldodecanol, Polyglycer YL-3 Diisostearate, Polyethylene, Microcrystalline Wax, Dicalcium Phosphate, Carthamus Tinctorium (Safflower) Seed Oil, Litchi Chinensis Fruit Extract, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-di-t-butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tin Oxide. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides.
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.