Fenty Beauty Trophy Wife Fairy Bomb Shimmer PowderFenty Beauty Trophy Wife Fairy Bomb Shimmer Powder ($28.00 for 0.21 oz.) is a rich gold with strong, warm orange undertones and a pearly finish. It ran a lot warmer-toned (less yellow-gold) compared to the original Trophy Wife Killawatt Highlighter, and the finishes were quite different; the loose version had a similar gold shimmer but it was much finer, so it had a softer glow overall.
The texture was finely-milled, silky to the touch, and it very easily came through the sifter. There’s an included plastic stopper that is included inside the box packaging that can be pressed over the interior of the jar, effectively closing the holes. I would recommend using tape to close some of the holes (or cutting the plastic stopper perhaps).
As tends to be the case with loose products like these, the pigmentation varied; it was more pigmented than not but greatly depended on how much product picked up and with what tool–it is just harder to get “one layer” with a loose product in my experience. The highlighter applied evenly to my cheeks and blended out without difficulty. It stayed on well for eight hours before fading a bit.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Too Faced Apricot in the Act (Highlighter) (PiP, ) is more shimmery, lighter, cooler (95% similar).
- Dose of Colors Gold is the New Black (P, $28.00) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Bobbi Brown Moon Glow (P, $48.00) is more shimmery, more muted, cooler (90% similar).
- MAC Oh, Darling! (P, $37.00) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Milani Sunglow (P, $10.00) is more shimmery, lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Sydney Grace Royal Gold (P, $9.00) is more shimmery, darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Maybelline Molten Topaz (P, $9.99) is darker, cooler (90% similar).
- ColourPop Boomin' (LE, $7.00) is more shimmery, lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Makeup Revolution Gold Addict (P, $6.00) is more shimmery, lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- L'Oreal Golden (P, $12.99) is more shimmery, lighter, cooler (90% similar).
$28.00/0.21 oz. - $133.33 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to be "the same smooth, hyper-reflective shimmer" that was packed into the Fairy Bomb Glittering Pom Pom but now "a loose powder pot" that has "precision and payoff." It can be used on "your face, eyes, and body," and has a "vanilla coconut scent." The loose powder version seemed less sparkly but shinier, and they were significantly more pigmented. I find that loose powders like this are hard to judge on pigmentation, as they are often pigmented but can depend on how much one picks up with a brush or applies in a way that's harder to judge/measure (compared to a pressed powder).
That being said, I definitely felt I had to be careful when picking up product with my tapered highlighting brushes to avoid over-applying product. I would recommend picking up product with a brush, gently tapping off excess into the lid, then swirling the brush inside the lid to evenly distribute product onto the brush. The three shades blended out well and lasted between eight and nine hours on me.
Browse all of our Fenty Beauty Fairy Bomb Shimmer Powder swatches.
Mica, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Sorbic Acid, Tin Oxide, Potassium Sorbate, Ethyl Vanillin, Fragrance, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Carmine (Ci 75470), Iron Oxide (Ci 77491).
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.