Rose on Ice
Fenty Beauty Rose on Ice Fairy Bomb Shimmer Powder ($28.00 for 0.21 oz.) is a medium-dark, rosy copper with warm undertones and a golden, metallic sheen. It had semi-opaque, buildable pigmentation with a soft, finely-milled texture that seemed a little dusty compared to the other two shades. The loose powder version is infinitely more pigmented, though, than what this shade appeared as in the Pom Pom form. I also found that it was less sparkly and had a more soft, luminous finish, which made it the most subtle of the three shades released. I had no trouble applying and blending out the highlighter/highlighting blush on my skin. It wore nicely for eight and a half hours before it started to fade a bit.
- The Estee Edit Gleam (LE, ) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- Makeup Geek Rekindle (P, $20.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Morphe Boom (P, $14.00) is more shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Dose of Colors Bathe (LE, $28.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Dior Rose Glow (005) (P, $48.00) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Looxi Beauty Venom (P, $7.50) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Wet 'n' Wild Botanic Dream (P, $4.99) is more shimmery, lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- NARS Maldives (P, $38.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Laura Mercier Inspiration (LE, $44.00) is more shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Make Up For Ever 15 Golden Pink (P, $21.00) is more shimmery, warmer (85% similar).
$28.00/0.21 oz. - $133.33 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to be "the same smooth, hyper-reflective shimmer" that was packed into the Fairy Bomb Glittering Pom Pom but now "a loose powder pot" that has "precision and payoff." It can be used on "your face, eyes, and body," and has a "vanilla coconut scent." The loose powder version seemed less sparkly but shinier, and they were significantly more pigmented. I find that loose powders like this are hard to judge on pigmentation, as they are often pigmented but can depend on how much one picks up with a brush or applies in a way that's harder to judge/measure (compared to a pressed powder).
That being said, I definitely felt I had to be careful when picking up product with my tapered highlighting brushes to avoid over-applying product. I would recommend picking up product with a brush, gently tapping off excess into the lid, then swirling the brush inside the lid to evenly distribute product onto the brush. The three shades blended out well and lasted between eight and nine hours on me.
Browse all of our Fenty Beauty Fairy Bomb Shimmer Powder swatches.
Mica, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Tin Oxide, Sorbic Acid, Potassium Sorbate, Ethyl Vanillin, Fragrance, Silica, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491).