Fenty Beauty I$land Ting Sun Stalk’r Instant Warmth Bronzer ($30.00 for 0.22 oz.) is a medium brown with strong, warm yellow undertones and a matte finish. The pigmentation was mostly opaque, though not quite opaque but not sheer enough that I’d call it buildable (which was how it was marketed). The powder had a smooth, velvety texture that was soft without being too powdery, and while it was firmer in the pan, I had no trouble picking up product with a brush. It applied evenly to my skin (slight darker spots is actually my skin’s uneven tone, not the product’s fault, mine!), diffused well, and blended nicely along the edges. It wore well for eight and a half hours on me before fading slightly.
- Dior Coral Glow Bronzer (LE, ) is more shimmery, brighter (90% similar).
- Colour Pop CA Dreaming (P, $8.00) is lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Bronze Age (P, $68.00) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- MAC Your Wish is My Command (LE, $35.00) is darker, cooler (85% similar).
- Urban Decay Native Bronzer (-, ) is more shimmery, lighter (85% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Bronze Age (P, $110.00) is more shimmery, lighter (85% similar).
- Giorgio Armani Sun Kiss (100) (P, $64.00) is more shimmery, lighter (85% similar).
- Dolce and Gabbana Desert (P, $51.00) is more shimmery, lighter (85% similar).
- Kevyn Aucoin Desert Nights (P, $48.00) is cooler (85% similar).
- Sephora Bora Bora (P, $17.00) is lighter, cooler (85% similar).
$30.00/0.22 oz. - $136.36 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to have "long-wear" that is "transfer-resistant," "easy to blend, and "light-as-air" with buildable coverage that "is hard to overdo." The pigmentation was more medium to semi-opaque with some shades being nearly opaque in a single layer. For truly buildable pigmentation, I would recommend using a light hand initially or a less-dense brush to pick up and to apply the product.
The texture was lightweight, thin, and finely-milled without being too powdery, which did make it easier to control to build up coverage. Some shades were more blendable than others but none were difficult to work with. As these had a true matte finish, I wouldn't apply them over wet or still-drying foundation as that tends to make matte, powder products harder to apply and can also cause them to darken/look patchy. They applied similarly over bare skin (I'm normal-to-dry) as they did over foundation that was lightly set with powder.
They lasted between eight and nine hours on me, and it didn't seem prone to transferring if I just dabbed at it with a napkin (transfer-resistant on a powder was an odd claim to see).
Browse all of our Fenty Beauty Sun Stalk’r Instant Warmth Bronzer swatches.
Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Talc, Magnesium Myristate, Hdi/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Mica, Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Silica, Diisostearyl Malate, Caprylyl Glycol, Dimethiconol, Phenoxyethanol, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Hexylene Glycol, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Lauroyl Lysine, Water, Maltodextrin, Carica Papaya (Papaya) Fruit Extract, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Fruit Extract, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Xanthan Gum, Ethylhexylglycerin, Sorbic Acid, Tin Oxide, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Manganese Violet (Ci 77742), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77499, Ci 77492).