Fenty Beauty Cognac Candy Diamond Bomb All-Over Diamond Veil ($38.00 for 0.28 oz.) is a medium, coppery-orange base with flecks of gold and copper sparkle throughout. It had sheer coverage, which could be built up to semi-sheer coverage at most, with a smooth, lightly emollient texture that felt like a cream-powder hybrid by touch in the pan but quickly turned to powder-like when it came into contact with my skin.
The product applied best with a denser brush (the brand recommended a body brush) or fingertips (my preferred application method). More feathery brushes didn’t pick up product as readily, likely due to the thin but smoother texture, so it didn’t give like a powder but didn’t have the slip of a true cream product. It applied evenly to bare skin as well as patted over liquid foundation when I used my fingertips. The majority of the sparkles stayed in place for a good eight-hour run, though there were a few stray sparkling bits and bobs elsewhere on my face.
Keep in mind, the product is aptly described as a “glittering veil,” which means it’s very, very sparkly and doesn’t produce a lot of color. Unlike the original How Many Carats, this does have a tinted base color, so it adds some warmth to bare skin, but it primarily added sparkle. It’s particularly twinkling and has the most oomph in sunlight; the brand’s other powder highlighters are more noticeable and versatile for different lighting conditions and the like, but the Diamond Bomb Veil really shines (ha) outdoors.
- Wet 'n' Wild Crown of my Canopy (LE, $4.99) is more shimmery, more pigmented, cooler (90% similar).
- MAC Baby It's Gold Outside (LE, $34.00) is less shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Fenty Beauty Mo' Hunny (PiP, $36.00) is more shimmery, more pigmented, warmer (90% similar).
- Anastasia Hot Sand (LE, ) is more shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Anastasia Sunset Aura (P, $25.00) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Too Faced Cherry Bomb (Highlighter) (PiP, ) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Smashbox Blow a Fuse Gold (PiP, ) is less shimmery, lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- MAC Touch My Body (LE, $39.50) is lighter, warmer (85% similar).
- Becca Champagne Pop (LE, $48.00) is less shimmery, lighter (85% similar).
- Fenty Beauty Coppin Ice (LE, $36.00) is more shimmery, darker (85% similar).
Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Diisostearyl Malate, Dimethicone, Mica, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Pentylene Glycol, Tin Oxide, Aqua/Water/Eau, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polyisobutene, Iron Oxides (Ci 77491), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891).