Fenty Beauty Cognac Candy Diamond Bomb All-Over Diamond VeilFenty Beauty Cognac Candy Diamond Bomb All-Over Diamond Veil ($38.00 for 0.28 oz.) is a medium, coppery-orange base with flecks of gold and copper sparkle throughout. It had sheer coverage, which could be built up to semi-sheer coverage at most, with a smooth, lightly emollient texture that felt like a cream-powder hybrid by touch in the pan but quickly turned to powder-like when it came into contact with my skin.
The product applied best with a denser brush (the brand recommended a body brush) or fingertips (my preferred application method). More feathery brushes didn’t pick up product as readily, likely due to the thin but smoother texture, so it didn’t give like a powder but didn’t have the slip of a true cream product. It applied evenly to bare skin as well as patted over liquid foundation when I used my fingertips. The majority of the sparkles stayed in place for a good eight-hour run, though there were a few stray sparkling bits and bobs elsewhere on my face.
Keep in mind, the product is aptly described as a “glittering veil,” which means it’s very, very sparkly and doesn’t produce a lot of color. Unlike the original How Many Carats, this does have a tinted base color, so it adds some warmth to bare skin, but it primarily added sparkle. It’s particularly twinkling and has the most oomph in sunlight; the brand’s other powder highlighters are more noticeable and versatile for different lighting conditions and the like, but the Diamond Bomb Veil really shines (ha) outdoors.
- Wet 'n' Wild Crown of my Canopy (LE, $4.99) is more shimmery, more pigmented, cooler (90% similar).
- Fenty Beauty Mo' Hunny (PiP, $36.00) is more shimmery, more pigmented, warmer (90% similar).
- Anastasia Hot Sand (LE, ) is more shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Anastasia Sunset Aura (P, $25.00) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Too Faced Cherry Bomb (Highlighter) (PiP, ) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Smashbox Blow a Fuse Gold (PiP, ) is less shimmery, lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Makeup by Mario Bronzite (P, $24.00) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- MAC Baby It's Gold Outside (LE, $34.00) is less shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Fenty Beauty Coppin Ice (LE, $36.00) is more shimmery, darker (85% similar).
- MAC Touch My Body (LE, $39.50) is lighter, warmer (85% similar).
Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Diisostearyl Malate, Dimethicone, Mica, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Pentylene Glycol, Tin Oxide, Aqua/Water/Eau, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polyisobutene, Iron Oxides (Ci 77491), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891).
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.