Fenty Beauty Bajan Gyal Sun Stalk’r Instant Warmth Bronzer ($30.00 for 0.22 oz.) is a rich, mediuk brown with strong, warm orange undertones. I find it is a yellower-orange than a red-orange, though it seemed to be a bit less intense when applied to my skin (and not quite worn at full opacity, which would make sense). The texture was finely-milled and smooth to the touch with a firmer press but not to the point where it became difficult to apply or pick up with a brush. It had opaque pigmentation–a light hand would be a good way to start using this shade–which was a lot more than claimed (intended to be buildable). The bronzer stayed on well for eight and a half hours on me before fading slightly.
- Clarins Splendours (LE, $35.00) is more shimmery, brighter (90% similar).
- Chanel Medium Deep (P, $58.00) is more shimmery, lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Natasha Denona Tan #3 (PiP, ) is lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Milani Sun Tan (03) (P, $9.99) is lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- MAC Your Wish is My Command (LE, $35.00) is cooler (85% similar).
- Guerlain Moyen Brunettes (05) (LE, $75.00) is more shimmery, lighter (85% similar).
- Giorgio Armani Sun Bath (110) (P, $64.00) is more shimmery, darker (85% similar).
- MAC Golden (LE, $28.00) is more shimmery, lighter, cooler (85% similar).
- MAC Hibiscus Kiss Bronzer (LE, $28.00) is lighter (85% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Terra (P, $110.00) is more shimmery, lighter, cooler (85% similar).
$30.00/0.22 oz. - $136.36 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to have "long-wear" that is "transfer-resistant," "easy to blend, and "light-as-air" with buildable coverage that "is hard to overdo." The pigmentation was more medium to semi-opaque with some shades being nearly opaque in a single layer. For truly buildable pigmentation, I would recommend using a light hand initially or a less-dense brush to pick up and to apply the product.
The texture was lightweight, thin, and finely-milled without being too powdery, which did make it easier to control to build up coverage. Some shades were more blendable than others but none were difficult to work with. As these had a true matte finish, I wouldn't apply them over wet or still-drying foundation as that tends to make matte, powder products harder to apply and can also cause them to darken/look patchy. They applied similarly over bare skin (I'm normal-to-dry) as they did over foundation that was lightly set with powder.
They lasted between eight and nine hours on me, and it didn't seem prone to transferring if I just dabbed at it with a napkin (transfer-resistant on a powder was an odd claim to see).
Browse all of our Fenty Beauty Sun Stalk’r Instant Warmth Bronzer swatches.
Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Talc, Magnesium Myristate, Hdi/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Mica, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Silica, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Diisostearyl Malate, Caprylyl Glycol, Dimethiconol, Phenoxyethanol, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Hexylene Glycol, Lauroyl Lysine, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Water, Maltodextrin, Carica Papaya (Papaya) Fruit Extract, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Fruit Extract, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Xanthan Gum, Ethylhexylglycerin, Sorbic Acid, Tin Oxide, Chromium Oxide Greens (Ci 77288), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77499, Ci 77492), Manganese Violet (Ci 77742), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891).