Estee Lauder x Victoria Beckham Desert Heat & Fired Crystal Lip Glosses Reviews, Photos, Swatches
Estee Lauder Desert Heat Victoria Beckham Lip Gloss ($36.00 for 0.09 oz.) is a muted, medium brown with warm, yellow undertones and cream finish. The color applied somewhat unevenly on the lips, though it did not sink too badly into lip lines.
The formula can be “worn alone or over” a lip pencil or lipstick and has a “hydrating feel” but is “non-drying.” It had medium coverage with a smooth, lightweight texture that was slightly tacky but comfortable to wear. It lasted for two and a half hours on me and was neither drying nor hydrating on me. The formula had a sweet fig scent to me and had a faint soapy taste at times.
- MAC MamaStarrr (LE, $21.00) is lighter (95% similar).
- Urban Decay 1993 (P, $20.00) (95% similar).
- MAC Spice (P, $21.00) is darker (95% similar).
- Chanel Caresse (LE, $30.00) is cooler (90% similar).
- Bobbi Brown Forever Chill (LE, $27.00) is darker (90% similar).
- Too Faced Papa Don't Peach (P, $19.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- NARS Vault (LE, $26.00) is darker (90% similar).
- MAC Pamela (LE, $20.00) is cooler (90% similar).
- Tower 28 Almond (P, $14.00) is lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- LORAC Savoir Faire (LE, ) is lighter, cooler (90% similar).
LELimited Edition. $36.00.
Estee Lauder Fired Crystal Victoria Beckham Lip Gloss ($36.00 for 0.09 oz.) is a clear gloss with a sprinkle of fine iridescent sparkle. The gloss was described “clear with multi-colour pearl,” so the clear base shouldn’t be a surprise, though the promotional image makes it look a lot more shimmery than it actually was. It wore well for an hour and was neither drying nor hydrating. The formula had a sweet fig scent to me and had a faint soapy taste at times.
- MAC Dua Lipa (LE, $20.00) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- MAC Beautiful Moves (LE, $22.00) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- Sephora Starlight (32) (P, $12.00) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- MAC Ice Follies (LE, $24.00) is more shimmery, cooler (95% similar).
- Chanel Ocean Shimmer (P, $30.00) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- Bobbi Brown Rose (LE, $24.00) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- MAC Inter-spatial (LE, $22.00) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- Guerlain L'Oiseau de Feu (901) (LE, $30.00) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- Maybelline Just a Glimmer (P, $4.49) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- NARS Triple X (P, $26.00) is less shimmery (90% similar).
Comments on this post are closed.
This particular Desert Heat ain’t so hot. I’d much rather get myself either UD Liar gloss or better yet, MAC Touch lipstick for the same effect with nicer quality!
But, at least that one has some color to it compared to Fired Crystal! I could replicate that one using vasoline and a few glitter particles, LOL!
I don’t know why they didn’t put more shimmer in Fired Crystal!
Exactly what I was thinking! Take some Vaseline and add some MAC pigment or glitter. What a rip-off.
The swatches didn’t impress me much, as the colors looked so meh and dupe-able, but $36 for C rating? Yikes. So far, this 2nd collection has been a big disappointment
For a gloss, they’re just so average!
Fig soap? Ugh.
Double thumbs down just for the smell and taste.
It’s so strange that they would use the older EL scent when a lot of their newer releases use vanilla!
I was thinking about Desert Heat, too, but I think it will just look like my own lips! Passing on this one, too.
It just might if your natural lip color is a little warmer than mine!
Nope. Nope. Nope. Soapy tasting products are a deal breaker for me.
I’m still stunned that this release was soooo bad considering how impressive the initial launch was. Really makes me wonder what the heck happened.
Totally rethinking my decision to purchase from this collection between yesterday’s review and this one.
Oh my! Another epic fail from the House of Estee Lauder. These lipglosses looks so meh….
Just don’t get why a follow-up collection should be so far inferior to the original. Sounds as if EL believed they could cut corners and put out average products, when those products could (should) be stellar. Since the original was such a blockbuster, the f/u would be a slam dunk, with lots of sell out, before reading reviews. Every once in a while, things come along to remind you, screamingly, that this is an industry. A mega industry.
You sound so over this collection. XD
Not that I blame you. This is crazy unacceptable.
Another subpar performance in this collection. The scent alone makes it a nonstarter for me.
This looks so great on you..Sadly it’s just an average product.
Any chance you will be reviewing the Skin Perfecting Powder? The compact looks so beautiful, but at $85.00 I’m afraid of the quality after the your reviews of the new items in this collection.
No, sorry, I did not purchase that.
Thanks for letting my know. I think I may just hold off for the time being as I’m a bit leery after reading your newest review on the eyeshadow duo. Such a pity that these products aren’t performing as well. I don’t mind spending a bit extra for a pretty package and excellent formulation, but I need both to be great to justify parting with my money.
Appreciate your reviews greatly!