Essence Shimmery Rose Baked Blush Review & Swatches
Essence Shimmery Rose Pure Nude Baked Blush ($5.99 for 0.24 oz.) is a very light pink-leaning coral with a smooth, lightly luminous finish.
- Semi-opaque, buildable pigmentation
- Smooth, finely-milled without being powdery
- Picked up evenly and blended out nicely on bare skin/over foundation
- Long-wearing (8 hours before fading visibly)
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Charlotte Tilbury Pillow Talk Fair-Medium #1 (PiP, ) is less shimmery, darker (95% similar).
- Hourglass Incandescent Electra (P, $38.00) is darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Natasha Denona Golden Peach (PiP, ) is darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Milani Luminous (DC, ) is darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Urban Decay Score (DC, $26.00) is darker (90% similar).
- Marc Jacobs Beauty Kink & Kisses (504) (P, $42.00) is darker (90% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Solar Exposure (Blush) (LE, $60.00) is darker (90% similar).
- Charlotte Tilbury Seductive Beauty (Cheek Swish) (LE, $40.00) is darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Huda Beauty Healthy Peach (01) (P, $21.00) is less shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- MAC Sippin' on Stars (LE, $31.00) is darker, warmer (90% similar).
$5.99/0.24 oz. - $24.96 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to give a "bright, healthy glow" with a "highly pigmented bake texture" that is "blendable" and "lightweight." The texture was smooth, finely-milled, and best of all, not at all powdery yet picked up evenly with a blush or highlighting brush and delivered even coverage to bare skin. It was easy to blend out and diffuse on my skin while having semi-opaque to opaque, buildable pigmentation.
I felt that it was a nice enough blush option, especially for those who want something that is relatively easy to work with and easy to diffuse on cheeks, but the color range was disappointing in two ways: 1) lacking in depth/range, and 2) four or five shades were very similar applied (and even more heavily swatched), so having eight seemed unnecessary in that case.
Browse all of our Essence Pure Nude Baked Blush swatches.
Mica, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Octyldodecanol, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Tropolone, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol, Xanthan Gum, Tin Oxide, CI 15850 (Red 7 Lake), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide).
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.
This is the one that Tara @ Tarababyz said was even too light and barely there for her, so I already know that this: a.) Wouldn’t even show up on me, or b.) Would look dusty and powdery. Nope!
Another beautiful Essence blush that would work on my complexion – love it!
I generally don’t go for corals, but this looks very pink, at least on my screen, and is described as pink leaning so I think it could work nicely for me. I do of course have a dupe in NARS Orgasm, a shade I like when using warmer eyeshadows.
The price of this one is really good, though I suspect it’ll be a lot more expensive here.