Essence Bespoke The Blush ($2.99 for 0.17 oz.) is a light-medium, golden brown with moderate, warm undertones and a satin finish. It had good color coverage that was buildable to full coverage with less than half of a layer more on top. The texture was soft, smooth, and a smidgen firmer in the pan compared to other shades in the formula, but it wasn’t difficult to pick up and blending wasn’t difficult on my skin. It wore nicely for eight hours before fading a bit.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Clinique Sunkissed Pop (LE, ) is darker, warmer (95% similar).
- Wet 'n' Wild Bronze Dynasty (LE, $4.99) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- Tarte Carat (PiP, ) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- IT Cosmetics Warm Radiance (P, $34.00) is warmer (95% similar).
- ColourPop Jet Set (LE, $10.00) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- NARS Illicit (P, $30.00) is less shimmery, more muted, cooler (95% similar).
- Hourglass Natural Bronze Light (LE, $52.00) is darker (95% similar).
- Becca Capri Coast (P, $38.00) is cooler (90% similar).
- Hourglass Surreal Bronze Light (LE, $52.00) is less shimmery, darker, cooler (90% similar).
- MAC Radiant Light Rosy (P, $35.00) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
$2.99/0.17 oz. - $17.59 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to have "buildable" coverage with a "silky-smooth texture." They were more semi-opaque to opaque in pigmentation, though the texture was soft and yielding, so it was easy to use a lighter hand to pick up less product for sheerer coverage if preferred. It's just not a formula I'd inherently call buildable. The consistency was soft, a little powdery but not dry, and was blendable on my skin. They wore eight hours on me before fading noticeably.
Browse all of our Essence The Blush swatches.
Talc, Mica, Dimethicone, Isocetyl Stearoyl Stearate, Octyldodecyl Stearate, Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Petrolatum, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol, CI 77491, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide).
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.