Essence Bespoke The Blush ($2.99 for 0.17 oz.) is a light-medium, golden brown with moderate, warm undertones and a satin finish. It had good color coverage that was buildable to full coverage with less than half of a layer more on top. The texture was soft, smooth, and a smidgen firmer in the pan compared to other shades in the formula, but it wasn’t difficult to pick up and blending wasn’t difficult on my skin. It wore nicely for eight hours before fading a bit.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- NARS Illicit (P, $30.00) is less shimmery, more muted, cooler (95% similar).
- Clinique Sunkissed Pop (LE, ) is darker, warmer (95% similar).
- Wet 'n' Wild Bronze Dynasty (LE, $4.99) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- Hourglass Natural Bronze Light (LE, $52.00) is darker (95% similar).
- Tarte Carat (PiP, ) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- IT Cosmetics Warm Radiance (P, $34.00) is warmer (95% similar).
- Wet 'n' Wild What Shady Beaches (P, $4.99) is less shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Too Faced Sweet Peach Bronzer (PiP, ) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Physicians Formula Deep Bronzer (P, $14.99) is less shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Natasha Denona Bronze (PiP, ) is lighter, warmer (90% similar).
$2.99/0.17 oz. - $17.59 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to have "buildable" coverage with a "silky-smooth texture." They were more semi-opaque to opaque in pigmentation, though the texture was soft and yielding, so it was easy to use a lighter hand to pick up less product for sheerer coverage if preferred. It's just not a formula I'd inherently call buildable. The consistency was soft, a little powdery but not dry, and was blendable on my skin. They wore eight hours on me before fading noticeably.
Browse all of our Essence The Blush swatches.
Talc, Mica, Dimethicone, Isocetyl Stearoyl Stearate, Octyldodecyl Stearate, Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Petrolatum, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol, CI 77491, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide).