Essence Beloved The Blush ($2.99 for 0.17 oz.) is a deep pink with moderate, warm undertones and a semi-matte finish. The powder looked nearly matte to my eye, but applied and blended out, it looked like it had a more natural finish–still matte and not at all noticeably shimmery.
It had rich color coverage, so I’d recommend using a light-to-moderate hand to pick up product if one wanted to build up color (as the formula was described as buildable). The texture was soft, smooth, and not too firmly nor too softly pressed into the pan. It stayed on well for eight hours before fading noticeably.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- NARS Croisette (LE, $30.00) is lighter, warmer (95% similar).
- Becca Winter Berry (LE, $32.00) is more shimmery, warmer (95% similar).
- ColourPop Juice Bar (LE, $8.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- MAC Hey, Coral, Hey (P, $29.00) is warmer (90% similar).
- MAC Sweet Sweet Fantasy (LE, $24.00) is more shimmery, lighter, brighter (90% similar).
- ColourPop Whole Nine Yards (LE, $8.00) is lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- OFRA Sweet Stuff (LE, ) is lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Tarte Endless (LE, $29.00) is warmer (90% similar).
- Chanel Rose Petillant (330) (P, $45.00) is more shimmery, lighter (85% similar).
- Persona Carmel (P, $22.00) is more shimmery, lighter (85% similar).
$2.99/0.17 oz. - $17.59 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to have "buildable" coverage with a "silky-smooth texture." They were more semi-opaque to opaque in pigmentation, though the texture was soft and yielding, so it was easy to use a lighter hand to pick up less product for sheerer coverage if preferred. It's just not a formula I'd inherently call buildable. The consistency was soft, a little powdery but not dry, and was blendable on my skin. They wore eight hours on me before fading noticeably.
Browse all of our Essence The Blush swatches.
Talc, Mica, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Magnesium Stearate, Isocetyl Stearoyl Stearate, Octyldodecyl Stearate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Aluminum Hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, CI 15850 (Red 6 Lake, Red 7 Lake), CI 77491, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.