Dose of Colors Sol Mate Highlighter ($28.00 for 0.41 oz.) is a medium-dark gold with warm undertones and a metallic sheen. The consistency was soft, smooth, and blendable with intense color coverage in a single layer. It was denser and more cream-like to the touch but picked up easily with a tapered highlighting brush–I was able to use a lighter hand for more medium coverage, too. The highlighter applied evenly to bare skin, blended out with ease, and sat well without emphasizing my skin’s natural texture. It wore well for eight and a half hours on me.
P.S. — Mine arrived broken but Dose of Colors will replace it.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- ColourPop Padded Down (LE, $8.00) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- ColourPop Wisp (P, $8.00) is lighter (95% similar).
- Tarte Sparkler (P, $28.00) is darker (95% similar).
- Jouer Skinny Dip (P, $24.00) is warmer (90% similar).
- Becca Gratitude (P, $38.00) is lighter, glossier (90% similar).
- Anastasia Mimosa (LE, ) is less shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- UOMA Beauty Notting Hill (LE, $35.00) is lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Becca Opal (P, $19.00) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- Huda Beauty Tahiti (LE, ) is less shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Fenty Beauty Champagne Heist (P, $25.00) is less shimmery, darker (90% similar).
$28.00/0.41 oz. - $68.29 Per Ounce
Per the brand, the powder highlighter is supposed to be "packed with color" and "give the skin a radiant illuminated glow." Both shades were intensely pigmented with shiny, metallic finishes achieved in a single layer. The powders were dense, creamy, and smooth, which made them blendable and easy to apply. On my skin, they didn't emphasize my skin's natural texture as the shine was very smooth and reflective, but they were definitely an intense highlighting formula. Both shades wore well for eight and a half hours on me.
Browse all of our Dose of Colors Highlighter swatches.
Mica, Triethylhexanoin, Zinc Stearate, Lauroyl Lysine, Magnesium Myristate, Zinc Myristate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexyl Glycerin, Hexylene Glycol. May Contain: +/- Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.