Warm Bronze (05)
Dior Warm Bronze (05) Dior Forever Natural Bronze ($48.00 for 0.31 oz.) is a medium brown with moderate, warm undertones and a matte finish. It had mostly opaque, buildable pigmentation in a single layer, which applied well to bare skin and blended out with ease without having to mattify my skin first (something that is common with more matte powders).
The texture felt velvety and smooth with a touch of powderiness in the pan, but that powderiness didn’t translate to my skin as the powder itself felt and looked almost cream-like on my skin. The color stayed on well for eight and a half hours before fading noticeably.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- ILIA Novelty (P, $34.00) is warmer (95% similar).
- Hourglass Eternal Bronze Light (LE, $52.00) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Makeup by Mario Light Medium (P, $28.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- ColourPop Coconut Beach (LE, $8.00) is cooler (90% similar).
- NABLA Cosmetics Ambra (P, $26.00) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- NARS Laguna (P, $38.00) is lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- MAC Beige-ing Beauty (LE, $32.00) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Giorgio Armani Warm Brown (21) (P, $38.00) is cooler (90% similar).
- Charlotte Tilbury Medium (2) (P, $55.00) is lighter (85% similar).
- Mented Cosmetics Beach Bum (P, $22.00) is lighter, warmer (85% similar).
$48.00/0.31 oz. - $154.84 Per Ounce
It is supposed to be a powder brush that is long-wearing and "blends seamlessly" to yield a "natural healthy glow." They had semi-opaque to opaque, buildable color coverage with a particularly smooth, velvety consistency that looked almost cream-like applied to skin, yet was slightly powdery in the pan. The product applied beautifully to bare skin as well as over foundation and was particularly easy to blend out.
The bronzers had a slightly denser consistency, but they were yielding, which ensured a variety of brushes could be used to pick up product--fan brushes to dense, large bronzing brushes--for different levels of coverage or application methods. Applied, the blended bronzer looked like a natural matte: no visible shimmer or shine, but it wasn't flat or dry, and it didn't emphasize my skin's natural texture (e.g. dryness/flakiness). The formula lasted nicely for eight hours on me before showing signs of fading.
Browse all of our Dior Dior Forever Natural Bronze swatches.
#15676 SYNTHETIC FLUORPHLOGOPITE ● C30-45 ALKYL DIMETHICONE ● SILICA ● BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA) BUTTER ● SORBITAN ISOSTEARATE ● C20-24 ALKYL DIMETHICONE ● CAPRYLYL GLYCOL ● PRUNUS ARMENIACA (APRICOT) KERNEL OIL ● ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN ● PARFUM (FRAGRANCE) ● PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRA-DI-T-BUTYL HYDROXYHYDROCINNAMATE ● POLYMETHYLSILSESQUIOXANE ● C20-24 OLEFIN ● ALUMINA ● GLYCERIN ● AQUA (WATER) ● TOCOPHEROL ● ZINC STEARATE ● BUTYLENE GLYCOL ● HYDROLYZED VIOLA TRICOLOR EXTRACT ● ROSA MULTIFLORA FRUIT EXTRACT ● 1,2-HEXANEDIOL ● STEARIC ACID ● [+/- : CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES) ● CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE]
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.