Dior Miss (047) Rouge Blush ($44.00 for 0.23 oz.) is a medium pink with warmer undertones and a mostly matte finish. There were faint micro-sparkles strewn throughout, but they did not seem to be visible on my skin. The texture was velvety, slightly denser and firmer in the pan, but then applied in a way that felt somewhat powdery on my skin. It had good pigmentation that was buildable to full coverage with less than half of a layer, but the denser texture made it easier to pick up less on a brush, too, so sheerer coverage could be achieved by using a lighter hand. The blush applied unevenly to my skin, and it took more effort to diffuse and blend out the color so it was mostly even. On me, it lasted well for eight hours before fading a bit.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Chanel Crescendo (250) (LE, $45.00) is warmer (95% similar).
- Marc Jacobs Beauty Exhibitionist (LE, ) is less shimmery, warmer (95% similar).
- Makeup Geek XOXO (P, $10.00) is warmer (95% similar).
- Patrick Ta She's That Girl (Powder) (PiP, ) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Burberry First Love (LE, $68.00) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Natasha Denona Pink (PiP, ) is less shimmery, brighter, warmer (90% similar).
- LORAC Underrated (LE, ) is less shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- The Estee Edit Purr Pink (03) (P, $28.00) is less shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Too Faced So Peachy (P, $30.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Birthday Suit (P, $8.00) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
$44.00/0.23 oz. - $191.30 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to have "intense, ultra-pigmented color that lasts," though under "formula," the brand states that it has "bold, yet buildable color." Most of the shades I tried were quite pigmented, but the denser, smoother consistency of the powder made it possible to apply less for more buildable coverage as they weren't too powdery nor too stiff in the pan to work with. They applied easily, blended out well, and stayed on for eight to nine hours on me. The powders did have a floral scent to them, though I did not notice the scent when applied to my skin (more in the compact).
Browse all of our Dior Rouge Blush swatches.