Golden Frisson (310)
Dior Golden Nights (310) Rouge Blush ($44.00 for 0.23 oz.) is a soft, golden yellow with moderate, warm undertones and fine, golden pearl that gave it more of a satin sheen. The base seemed more “powdery” and matte-like in finish, so when I applied and blended out the powder, it seemed less shimmery than it was initially rather than becoming more luminous.
The texture was soft, somewhat powdery, and felt a little dusty–not as velvety as some of the other Rouge Diors I’ve tried–but it applied evenly and wasn’t difficult to diffuse and blend out. It had mostly opaque color payoff in a single layer, which built up to full coverage with less than a second layer on top. It wore well for eight hours before showing signs of fading.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Dior Universal (001) (P, $38.00) is darker (90% similar).
- ColourPop A Smile and a Song (LE, $8.00) is more shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Luna (LE, $68.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Cover FX Sunlight (P, $34.00) is more shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Kaja Gleamy (P, $24.00) is more shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Too Faced Blessed (LE, ) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Coloured Raine Selfie (P, $25.00) is more shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Morphe Extra (P, $14.00) is more shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Reflects Gilt (LE, $50.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Wet 'n' Wild Earth (LE, $6.99) is more shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
$46.00/0.23 oz. - $200.00 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to have "intense, ultra-pigmented color that lasts," though under "formula," the brand states that it has "bold, yet buildable color." Most of the shades I tried were quite pigmented, but the denser, smoother consistency of the powder made it possible to apply less for more buildable coverage as they weren't too powdery nor too stiff in the pan to work with. They applied easily, blended out well, and stayed on for eight to nine hours on me. The powders did have a floral scent to them, though I did not notice the scent when applied to my skin (more in the compact).
Browse all of our Dior Rouge Blush swatches.
TALC ● SYNTHETIC FLUORPHLOGOPITE ● POLYETHYLENE ● PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM (MINERAL OIL) ● ETHYLHEXYL PALMITATE ● POLYMETHYLSILSESQUIOXANE ● ZINC STEARATE ● PENTYLENE GLYCOL ● SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE ● MICA ● CAPRYLYL GLYCOL ● PARFUM (FRAGRANCE) ● TIN OXIDE ● TOCOPHEROL ● [+/- CI 15850 (RED 6, RED 7, RED 7 LAKE) ● CI 15985 (YELLOW 6, YELLOW 6 LAKE) ● CI 19140 (YELLOW 5, YELLOW 5 LAKE) ● CI 42090 (BLUE 1 LAKE) ● CI 45410 (RED 27, RED 27 LAKE, RED 28 LAKE) ● CI 73360 (RED 30, RED 30 LAKE) ● CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES) ● CI 77163 (BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE) ● CI 77288 (CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS) ● CI 77289 (CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN) ● CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES) ● CI 77510 (FERRIC FERROCYANIDE, FERRIC AMMONIUM FERROCYANIDE) ● CI 77742 (MANGANESE VIOLET) ● CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE)]
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.