Forever Dior (999)
Dior Forever Dior (999) Rouge Dior Forever Transfer-Proof Lipstick ($42.00 for 0.11 oz.) is a vivid, medium orange-red with subtle, warm undertones and a satin finish.
- Opaque coverage
- Velvety, lightly creamy consistency
- Applied evenly, slight settling into deeper lip lines (unnoticeable at a normal viewing distance)
- Transfer-resistant until a meal
- Long-wearing (8 hours of wear w/drinking but doesn’t make it through a meal well)
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- MAC Lady Danger (P, $19.00) is lighter, warmer (95% similar).
- ColourPop Chronos (LE, $6.50) is lighter, less glossy (90% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Wild Ginger (P, $55.00) is lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Lisa Eldridge Velvet Morning (LE, $36.00) is lighter, warmer (85% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Cristiano (P, $36.00) is lighter, warmer (85% similar).
- Guerlain #44 (P, $33.00) is lighter, warmer (85% similar).
- NARS Heat Wave (P, $26.00) is lighter, cooler (85% similar).
- NYX Pure Red (P, $6.00) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (85% similar).
- MAC Devoted to Danger (P, $27.00) is lighter, warmer, less glossy (80% similar).
- Sephora Lava (P, $14.00) is lighter, warmer, less glossy (80% similar).
$42.00/0.11 oz. - $381.82 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to be "ultra-pigmented" with a "matte" finish that is transfer-proof and wears for 16 hours. The majority of the shades were nearly to fully opaque in one layer, while they applied evenly and smoothly across my lips without dragging. I noticed that they had a stiffer exterior for the first swipe (more so than the average lip product) but using them after swatches, they glided across my lips and had a velvety feel but were quite lightweight.
There was a very slight "set" to it as the texture felt a touch tacking when I pressed my lips together, but it didn't lift or move the product around by doing so.
I'd describe the finish as satin or semi-matte, which then will wear down to a more matte finish as they are worn. I could see the formula lasting closer to 16 hours if one did not partake in any meals (maybe one very light, oil-free kind of meal). I felt like as soon as I had one meal, there was significant breakdown of the product. It wasn't an issue with drinking water or my morning latte, though, and it was, in fact, transfer-proof.
For a product that claims to wear for 16 hours, I think that it surviving at least one meal is a perfectly reasonable expectation, but if you go that long between meals, you may find the wear to be longer on average than I did.
It had a powdery, floral scent that was noticeable applied for the first few hours, though I didn't detect any taste.
Browse all of our Dior Rouge Dior Forever Transfer-Proof Lipstick swatches.
C9-12 Alkane, Isododecane, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Wax, Bis-Hydroxypropyl Dimethicone/SMDI Copolymer, Silica, Jojoba Esters, Cera Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax), Cera Alba (Beeswax), Lauryl PEG-10 Tris(Trimethylsiloxy)Silylethyl Dimethicone, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Parfum (Fragrance), Aluminum Hydroxide, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Punica Granatum Flower Extract, Lauroyl Lysine, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Ammonium Glycyrrhizate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Propylene Carbonate, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Isostearic Acid, Paeonia Officinalis Flower Extract, Lecithin, Polyglyceryl-3 Polyricinoleate, Tocopherol, [+/- CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 45410 (Red 28 Lake), CI 15850 (Red 7), CI 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake), CI 42090 (Blue 1 Lake)].
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.