About Face Raunchy Cheek Freak Blush Balm ($18.00 for 0.35 oz.) is a darker, peachy-orange with strong, warm undertones and a semi-matte finish.
- Medium, buildable coverage
- Lightweight, thin, very emollient
- Applied best in thin, even layers
- May lift up base products (higher coverage and/or more matte in finish)
- Long-wearing (8 hours)
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Patrick Ta She's So LA (Crème) (PiP, ) is cooler (95% similar).
- Natasha Denona Tan (P, $22.00) is lighter, warmer (95% similar).
- Melt Cosmetics Sandy Cheeks (P, $22.00) is lighter (95% similar).
- ColourPop Outta Sight (LE, $12.00) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Becca Songbird (P, $32.00) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Too Faced Sugared Peach (PiP, ) is more shimmery, lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- ColourPop Good Luck Charm (LE, $12.00) is more shimmery, darker, cooler (90% similar).
- ColourPop Got Change (LE, $8.00) is darker, cooler (90% similar).
- ColourPop Hooked (P, $8.00) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- bareMinerals Kiss of Copper (LE, $25.00) is more shimmery, darker (85% similar).
$18.00/0.35 oz. - $51.43 Per Ounce
It's supposed to have a "buildable wash of color" with long-wear and a "cushiony formula" that "melts" onto skin for a "natural finish." While it looked firmer in the raised domed pan, it was immediately emollient to the touch--creamy, smooth, and lightweight, and yes, balm-like.
The shades tended to have more medium to semi-opaque, buildable coverage that were more inclined to sheer out when applied to skin, so it was best to apply one layer, let it dry down a bit, and then apply another layer if looking to build up coverage. It felt more like a powder-like product once it was applied to my skin as it dried down quite quickly, though it wasn't unmoveable.
The blushes applied well using a fingertip to pick up and pat on color, though I found that the formula sometimes lifted up more matte foundations, so I would recommend pairing it with sheerer-coverage foundation (or tinted moisturizer) or with a satin or natural-finish foundation (and before powdering).
Most shades lasted around eight hours on me before fading visibly.
Browse all of our About Face Cheek Freak Blush Balm swatches.
Isodecyl Isononanoate, Silica, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Synthetic Wax, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Dicalcium Phosphate, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 15985 (Yellow 6 Lake), Tocopheryl Acetate, CI 15850 (Red 6), Pentaerythrityl Tetra-di-t-butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, CI 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), Hydrolyzed Sodium Hyaluronate, Sodium Hyaluronate, CI 15850 (Red 7 Lake), Hydrogenated Castor Oil].
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.