Dolce Vita (555)
Dior Dolce Vita (555) Rouge Blush ($44.00 for 0.23 oz.) is a deep, reddened plum with soft, warm undertones and a satin sheen. It had nearly opaque color coverage in a single layer, which was buildable to full coverage with less than half of a layer on top. I was able to apply less product using a lighter hand and build up that way as well. I would recommend using a moderately dense blush brush with this, as the powder had a smoother, denser, and slightly creamy consistency to it that didn’t play as well with more feathery/ultra soft brushes. It applied fairly evenly to my cheeks and blended out nicely, while the satin sheen sat well on my skin–natural but not overtly shimmery. The blush started to fade noticeably after nine hours of wear.
- NARS Dolce Vita (P, $30.00) is less shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Cle de Peau Cranberry (P, $60.00) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- NYX Apricot (P, $15.00) is less shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Flesh Beauty Pulse (P, $26.00) is cooler (90% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Ravish (Discontinued) (DC, $60.00) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Clinique Black Honey Pop (P, $21.00) is less shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- LORAC Rose (LE, $23.00) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Too Faced Peach Berry (P, $30.00) is less shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- NARS Dolce Vita (PiP, $30.00) is less shimmery, darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Soleil d'Ambre (Blush) (LE, $60.00) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- More dupes -- click to see the full list!
$44.00/0.23 oz. - $191.30 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to have "intense, ultra-pigmented color that lasts," though under "formula," the brand states that it has "bold, yet buildable color." Most of the shades I tried were quite pigmented, but the denser, smoother consistency of the powder made it possible to apply less for more buildable coverage as they weren't too powdery nor too stiff in the pan to work with. They applied easily, blended out well, and stayed on for eight to nine hours on me. The powders did have a floral scent to them, though I did not notice the scent when applied to my skin (more in the compact).
Browse all of our Dior Rouge Blush swatches.