Dior Charnelle (459) Rouge Blush ($44.00 for 0.23 oz.) is a muted, medium-dark brown with warm, rosy undertones and a satin finish. It had nearly opaque pigmentation in a single layer, which was easy to diffuse and blend out for more medium coverage on my skin or to use a lighter hand with and achieve more buildable coverage. The consistency was smooth to the touch, dense but not too stiff or firmly-pressed in the pan, and blendable. The blush applied evenly to bare skin and did not turn patchy when buffed on my cheeks. The satin finish gave it a soft glow that wasn’t overtly shimmery. It wore well for eight and a half hours on me before starting to fade a bit.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Milani Sunset Passione (P, $7.99) is less shimmery, lighter (95% similar).
- Chanel Elegance (370) (P, $45.00) is darker (95% similar).
- Stellar Beauty Eclipse (P, $25.00) is more shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Essence Satin Love (P, $2.99) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- Cover FX Warm Honey (Left) (PiP, ) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- Black Opal Rose Gold (P, $8.95) is more shimmery, darker, cooler (90% similar).
- NARS Body Talk (LE, $30.00) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- ColourPop Construct (LE, $8.00) is less shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Inhibition (P, $60.00) is less shimmery, darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Milani Cocoa Felicita (P, $7.99) is less shimmery, darker (90% similar).
$44.00/0.23 oz. - $191.30 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to have "intense, ultra-pigmented color that lasts," though under "formula," the brand states that it has "bold, yet buildable color." Most of the shades I tried were quite pigmented, but the denser, smoother consistency of the powder made it possible to apply less for more buildable coverage as they weren't too powdery nor too stiff in the pan to work with. They applied easily, blended out well, and stayed on for eight to nine hours on me. The powders did have a floral scent to them, though I did not notice the scent when applied to my skin (more in the compact).
Browse all of our Dior Rouge Blush swatches.