ColourPop The Knockout Pressed Powder Face Duo ($16.00 for 0.52 oz.) features two large face powders–a blush and highlighter–housed in a cardboard palette with an interior mirror. The blush formula is supposed to have “long-wear” with a “soft” and “silky” feel that “can be layered for your desired intensity.” The highlighter formula is supposed to have “high-shine” with a “buttery-soft” feel that has “high colour intensity.” The two shades coordinated well with each other, and despite the difference in textures, actually layered nicely.
In general, ColourPop’s powder blush formula is thinner and can feel a little dusty or powdery, depending on the shade, and has sheerer, more buildable coverage, while the powder highlighter formula is much denser, almost to the point where a dense brush is required to pick up a modicum of product. The upside is the denser quality of the highlighter makes it harder to overdo it from the get-go, so the highlighter has a more buildable glow. I wish their blushes had more of the substance that their matte eyeshadows have, which would give them better adherence and overall coverage.
LELimited Edition. $16.00.
Excuse My French
Excuse My French is a bright, medium orange with warm undertones and a matte finish. It had medium color payoff that was buildable to semi-opaque coverage. The consistency was thin, a little chalky to the touch, and somewhat powdery in the pan. While the texture left something to be desired, it looked a lot better applied–not at all dry. The powder blended out nicely and lasted for eight and a half hours on me.
- Illamasqua Lover (P, $26.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- Tarte Fortunate (LE, $29.00) is lighter (95% similar).
- Tarte Fame (LE, $29.00) is darker, cooler (95% similar).
- NARS Luster (P, $30.00) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- Anastasia Miami (PiP, ) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- By Terry Tropical Sunset #1 (LE, ) is darker (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Stop It (LE, $8.00) is darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Bonus (DC, $8.00) is more shimmery, darker, brighter (90% similar).
- MAC Melon Pink (Top) (LE, $24.00) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- MAC That's Peachy (LE, $30.00) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
$7.00/0.21 oz. - $33.33 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to go on "smoothly" and have a "natural and healthy flush" that has "long wear" and "can be layered to your desired intensity." It is a lightly to moderately powdery powder blush with semi-sheer to semi-opaque, buildable color payoff. The consistency has a drier, thinner feel and though it feels silky to the touch, I found it the type of powder blush can be tricky to blend out evenly on the skin, depending on one's skin type or base preferences. The drier the skin/base, the better the formula would blend, but any natural oils or slip caused the blush to go on unevenly and was difficult to blend out. The wear was between seven and eight hours on me on average.
Browse all of our Colour Pop Pressed Powder Blush swatches.
TALC, BORON NITRIDE, OCTYLDODECYL STEAROYL STEARATE, POLYETHYLENE, ZINC STEARATE, DIMETHICONE, PTFE, PHENOXYETHANOL, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, OCTOCRYLENE, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492), MICA (CI 77019), TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891).
LELimited Edition. $7.00.
Like to Watch
Like to Watch is bright, medium gold with strong, warm orange undertones and a frosted finish. It had great pigmentation that applied evenly and smoothly to the skin. The texture was dense like the other powder highlighters in the ColourPop face duos, but it wasn’t as dense, so it was more versatile and easier to use with a variety of brushes. This shade wore well for eight and a half hours on me before fading.
- Sephora Dawn (P, $16.00) is darker, warmer (95% similar).
- Bobbi Brown Nectar Glow (LE, $48.00) is more muted (95% similar).
- Shiseido Solar Haze (05) (P, $29.00) is more muted (95% similar).
- Becca Topaz Flashes Gilt (LE, $34.00) is darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Milani Sunglow (P, $10.00) is cooler (90% similar).
- Becca Dreamsicle (LE, $38.00) is darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Illamasqua Rush (P, ) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Wet 'n' Wild Golden Flower Crown (P, $4.99) is cooler (90% similar).
- Guerlain Electric Light (LE, $56.00) is less shimmery, darker, more muted (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Boy Next Door (P, $8.00) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
$8.00/0.23 oz. - $34.78 Per Ounce
The powder highlighter is supposed to have a "high-shine" finish with "high colour intensity." In general, ColourPop's pressed highlighter powders have a smooth, moderately dense texture that was soft enough to be picked up easily by a brush but not kick up any powder in the pan. The formula was semi-opaque to opaque but easily sheered out for less shine and coverage if desired. There were a few shades within the range that emphasized my skin's natural texture slightly but most did not. The wear ranged from seven and a half hours to nine hours.
Browse all of our Colour Pop Pressed Powder Highlighter swatches.
ZINC STEARATE, DIMETHICONE, PTFE, CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, BORON NITRIDE, SYNTHETIC FLUORPHLOGOPITE, SILICA, HDI/TRIMETHYLOL HEXYLLACTONE CROSSPOLYMER, PHENOXYETHANOL, DIMETHICONOL, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, TIN OXIDE, IRON OXIDES (CI 77491), MICA (CI 77019), RED 7 LAKE (CI 15850), TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891).