ColourPop Swipe Right Pressed Powder Highlighter ($8.00 for 0.23 oz.) is a soft, yellowed peach base with pink-to-violet shifting pearl. The texture was soft, smooth, and not too powdery nor too firmly pressed in the pan, but it was a little on the thin side. It had semi-opaque, buildable color coverage that applied evenly to bare skin and blended out without much effort. The sheen it gave was more lit-from-within than overtly shimmery, and it definitely didn’t emphasize my skin’s natural texture. I was able to catch the more lavender-like sheen at certain angles, too, and I think the yellow base will be more apparent on other skin tones as it blended in quite a bit with my natural coloring! This shade lasted nicely for eight hours before fading noticeably on me.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Smashbox Gilded Rose (LE, $39.00) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Too Faced Starlight (PiP, ) is more shimmery, lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Stila Painted Lady (LE, $30.00) is more shimmery (85% similar).
- Urban Decay Fireball (P, $26.00) is more shimmery, darker, cooler (85% similar).
- Anastasia Hard Candy (LE, ) is more shimmery, darker, cooler (85% similar).
- Becca Pink Sapphire (LE, $38.00) is more shimmery, darker (85% similar).
- Milani Flashing Lights (P, $12.99) is more shimmery, warmer (85% similar).
- Urban Decay Spotlight (LE, $26.00) is more shimmery, warmer (85% similar).
- theBalm Cindy-Lou Manizer (P, $24.00) is more shimmery, darker (80% similar).
$8.00/0.23 oz. - $34.78 Per Ounce
The powder highlighter is supposed to have a "high-shine" finish with "high colour intensity." In general, ColourPop's pressed highlighter powders have a smooth, moderately dense texture that was soft enough to be picked up easily by a brush but not kick up any powder in the pan. The formula was semi-opaque to opaque but easily sheered out for less shine and coverage if desired. There were a few shades within the range that emphasized my skin's natural texture slightly but most did not. The wear ranged from seven and a half hours to nine hours.
Browse all of our ColourPop Pressed Powder Highlighter swatches.
Dimethicone, Silica, Boron Nitride, Zinc Stearate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Dimethiconol, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Hexylene Glycol, Carmine (CI 75470), Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).