Colour Pop Sugar Trap Luster Dust Loose Highlighter ($7.00 for 0.11 oz.) is a soft pink with warm undertones and pink, lavender, and gold sparkle. It had medium coverage, which was buildable to full coverage with two layers or a heavier pat of product (the looseness makes it a bit more challenging to pickup the same amount of product each time). The powder had a soft, velvety texture that applied evenly on my cheekbones and diffused with little effort. It yielded a noticeable glow but wasn’t as shiny as the original shades in this formula, which some may prefer. The highlighter wore well for eight hours on me before fading slightly.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- LORAC Moonlight (P, $23.00) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- Wet 'n' Wild Desert Explorations (LE, $2.99) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- NARS Kings Road (LE, $30.00) is less shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- L'Oreal Daybreak (P, $14.99) is less shimmery, brighter (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Urth (P, $8.00) is lighter, brighter (90% similar).
- Chanel Perles et Fantaisies (Right) (LE, $70.00) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- Urban Decay Wicked (LE, $26.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Part of Your World (LE, $8.00) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Anastasia Starburst (LE, ) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Dior #002 (DC, $56.00) is more shimmery, brighter (90% similar).
$7.00/0.106 oz. - $66.04 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to be a "finely-milled, soft powder" that "packs a blinding punch" where "a little goes a long way." These can be incredibly shiny and metallic on the skin, and the coverage seemed to be all in the application. They actually seemed to be more pigmented when I applied them to my cheekbones using a tapered highlighter than when I used smaller brushes (for eyes) on my forearm. The powders were finely-milled with some base color and a lot of shimmer/pearl. I found the best way to apply these was to pick up product onto a brush and then swirl my brush on the interior of the cap, which helped to disperse the powder more evenly through my brush. This resulted in more even application to my cheeks that required less buffing and blending than if I skipped the swirling step. They lasted around eight hours on me.
Browse all of our Colour Pop Luster Dust Loose Highlighter swatches.
Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Silica, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Phenoxyethanol, Octyldodecanol, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Tin Oxide, Carmine (CI 75470), Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).