Step Right Up
Colour Pop Step Right Up Mini Face Duo ($10.00 for 0.24 oz.) includes a light, yellow-toned brown bronzer and a warm, beige highlighter. I see this duo being more “suitable” for fair to light-medium complexions. The highlighter was beautiful and easy to work with, while the bronzer was decent but could have been more pigmented and more blendable overall.
Spectacle is a soft, light brown with warm, yellow undertones and a matte finish. It had medium, buildable coverage with a moderately powdery texture. The powder seemed soft, but it also seemed a little drier and thinner, so it did not apply as evenly or blend out as readily as well as anticipated. It was workable, though, and once on, it wore well for eight hours before fading slightly.
- Sephora Los Cabos (P, $17.00) is brighter (90% similar).
- Benefit Hoola Lite (P, $30.00) is lighter, brighter (90% similar).
- Physicians Formula Light Bronze (P, $14.99) is brighter (85% similar).
- Makeup Geek Sunkissed (P, $22.00) is darker, cooler (85% similar).
- Milani Sun Kissed (02) (P, $9.99) is cooler (85% similar).
- Giorgio Armani Sun Glow (90) (P, $64.00) is darker (85% similar).
- Milani Sun Light (01) (P, $9.99) is darker, cooler (85% similar).
- Wet 'n' Wild Ticket to Brazil (P, $4.99) is more shimmery, lighter (80% similar).
- MAC Canyon Dreamin' (LE, $30.00) is more shimmery, darker, cooler (80% similar).
$8.00/0.25 oz. - $32.00 Per Ounce
ColourPop's Pressed Powder Bronzer is supposed to have a "super velvety-soft" feel that yields a "natural tanned glow." There was no mention of coverage, but the brand's promotional swatches showed full coverage. The bronzers had a soft, silky texture that was slightly powdery in the pan but tended to apply with ease, blended out nicely, and sat well on the skin. The majority of the shades seemed to have a semi-matte to satin finish, which helped them glide on and appear more natural (in finish) on the skin. The wear ranged from eight to eight and a half hours on me.
Browse all of our Colour Pop Pressed Powder Bronzer swatches.
Talc, Nylon-12, Zinc Stearate, Silica, Polyethylene, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Lauroyl Lysine, Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Ptfe, Caprylyl Glycol, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Hexylene Glycol, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)
Dreamscape is a soft beige with warm undertones and a metallic sheen. It had opaque pigmentation paired with a smooth, lightly creamy consistency that was blendable and applied well to bare skin without emphasizing my skin’s natural texture. The highlighter stayed on well for eight and a half hours on me.
- Catrice Champagne Campaign (P, $5.99) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- Viseart Highlight #1 (PiP, ) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- lilah b. b enchanting (P, $60.00) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- MAC Silver Dusk (LE, $29.00) is more muted (95% similar).
- Cle de Peau Bal Masque (LE, $120.00) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- NARS Sunstreak (LE, $30.00) is darker (90% similar).
- Milani Afterglow (P, $10.00) is darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Colour Pop You Idiots! You Fools! You Imbeciles! (LE, $10.00) is less shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Wet 'n' Wild Blossom Glow (P, $4.99) is darker (90% similar).
- Urban Decay Sin (P, $26.00) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
$8.00/0.23 oz. - $34.78 Per Ounce
The powder highlighter is supposed to have a "high-shine" finish with "high colour intensity." In general, ColourPop's pressed highlighter powders have a smooth, moderately dense texture that was soft enough to be picked up easily by a brush but not kick up any powder in the pan. The formula was semi-opaque to opaque but easily sheered out for less shine and coverage if desired. There were a few shades within the range that emphasized my skin's natural texture slightly but most did not. The wear ranged from seven and a half hours to nine hours.
Browse all of our Colour Pop Pressed Powder Highlighter swatches.
Dimethicone, Zinc Stearate, Boron Nitride, Silica, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Dimethiconol, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Hexylene Glycol, Tin Oxide, Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).