S'il Vous Play
ColourPop S’il Vous Play Pressed Powder Highlighter ($8.00 for 0.23 oz.) is a bright, silvery white with neutral-to-cool undertones and a sparkling sheen. It had good pigmentation in a single layer, which was easy to build up to get that absolute, full coverage opacity as well as to sheer it out for a less intense highlight. On me, it looked almost warm-toned, but I think on those cooler-toned, it might look icier. The texture was soft, denser but not stiff or difficult to pick up, and it was easy to blend out on the skin. I did not find it emphasized my skin’s texture but consider myself only having slight to moderate texture overall. It wore well for eight hours on my skin before fading noticeably.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- BH Cosmetics Carli Bybel Deluxe Edition #18 (LE, ) is cooler (95% similar).
- Burberry No. 01 White (LE, $68.00) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- Wet 'n' Wild Where the Dreamers Go (LE, $2.99) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- Becca Pearl (DC, $38.00) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- NYX Ice Queen (P, $5.00) is brighter (95% similar).
- Anastasia Luna (PiP, ) is more shimmery, darker, brighter (95% similar).
- Burberry No. 01 White (P, $68.00) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- Becca Pearl (P, $38.00) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- OFRA Glazed Donut (P, $29.00) is warmer (90% similar).
- Dior Glowing Pink (001) (LE, $58.00) is less shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
$8.00/0.23 oz. - $34.78 Per Ounce
The powder highlighter is supposed to have a "high-shine" finish with "high colour intensity." In general, ColourPop's pressed highlighter powders have a smooth, moderately dense texture that was soft enough to be picked up easily by a brush but not kick up any powder in the pan. The formula was semi-opaque to opaque but easily sheered out for less shine and coverage if desired. There were a few shades within the range that emphasized my skin's natural texture slightly but most did not. The wear ranged from seven and a half hours to nine hours.
Browse all of our ColourPop Pressed Powder Highlighter swatches.
BORON NITRIDE, DIMETHICONE, ZINC STEARATE, PTFE, CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, SYNTHETIC FLUORPHLOGOPITE, SILICA, HDI/TRIMETHYLOL HEXYLLACTONE CROSSPOLYMER, PHENOXYETHANOL, DIMETHICONOL, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, TIN OXIDE, BLUE 1 LAKE (CI 42090), MICA (CI 77019), TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891)
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.