ColourPop Showtime Super Shock Cheek Highlighter ($8.00 for 0.15 oz.) is a soft, pinky-lavender base with flecks of larger sparkle and some pearl. It had less of a metallic sheen on my skin as it just had a bit of a pearly sheen. It had medium, buildable pigmentation applied with a brush and semi-opaque coverage applied with fingertips. The texture was spongy but drier to the touch, so it didn’t feel quite as smooth as other shades within the formula. There was a very suble to shift from pink to violet on my skin, but it was hard to see even in person, close-up, and contorting myself to find it. The cream highlighter applied fairly well and blended out nicely on bare skin but wasn’t quite as easy to work with over foundation. It wore well for nine hours on me before it started to fade noticeably.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Laura Mercier Obsession (LE, $45.00) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- Wet 'n' Wild White Raven (LE, $4.99) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- MAC Soft Frost (P, $37.00) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- ColourPop Honeymoon (LE, $10.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Makeup Geek Celestial (P, $20.00) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Pat McGrath Iridescent Pink 003 (LE, $25.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Cover FX Aurora (P, $44.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- NARS Wild Phox (LE, $29.00) is cooler (90% similar).
- Too Faced Unicorn Tears (Highlighter) (LE, ) is warmer (90% similar).
- Morphe Stardust (P, $14.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
$10.00/0.15 oz. - $66.67 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to have "buildable" coverage and can be applied with fingertips (which will yield "higher coverage") or a brush (for sheerer coverage). It's a cream-based product that has a subtle, "wet" feel to it but never has the thickness of a true cream-based blush.
It goes on with the smoothness of a cream formulation but diffuses and blends (without lifting up one's base) more like a powder product. The product sets to a powder finish, so the product won't slide around during the day.
On me, the wear tends to be between eight and 10 hours. Most shades have medium, buildable pigmentation with some being semi-opaque to opaque on occasion. They are typically blendable, easy to use, and long-wearing.
Browse all of our ColourPop Super Shock Cheek (Highlighter) swatches.
Dimethicone, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Isononyl Isononanoate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Ethylhexyl Isononanoate, Isopropyl Myristate, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Silica, Phenoxyethanol, Tin Oxide, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Ethylhexylglycerin, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Propylene Carbonate, Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.