ColourPop Shortcake Pressed Powder Blush ($7.00 for 0.21 oz.) is a bright, cotton candy pink with cool, blue undertones and a matte finish. The texture was soft, lightly powdery, and thin, which gave me pause, as matte and thin textures tend to apply poorly over non-matte surfaces (like natural skin!). I was impressed by how well it applied on top of bare skin: it seemed to melt onto my skin and blended out beautifully, though it definitely sheered out a bit more than expected based on how it swatched. The coverage was supposed to be buildable, and in practice, it was more buildable than it was intensely pigmented as it seemed swatched. It wore well for nine hours on me before fading noticeably.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- MAC Pink Swoon (P, $24.00) is cooler (90% similar).
- ColourPop At Frost Sight (LE, $8.00) is more shimmery, lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Anastasia Babe (PiP, ) is more shimmery, lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- theBalm Argyle (P, $22.00) is warmer (90% similar).
- MAC Peony Petal (LE, $24.00) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- NARS Roman Holiday (LE, $30.00) is lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- MAC Pure Femininity (LE, $24.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Pink Ombre (LE, $55.00) is more shimmery, lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- MAC Cheeky Chic (LE, $24.00) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- MAC Bubbles, Please (P, $29.00) is lighter, cooler (90% similar).
$8.00/0.13 oz. - $61.54 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to go on "smoothly" and have a "natural and healthy flush" that has "long wear" and "can be layered to your desired intensity." It is a lightly to moderately powdery powder blush with semi-sheer to semi-opaque, buildable color payoff. The consistency has a drier, thinner feel and though it feels silky to the touch, I found it the type of powder blush can be tricky to blend out evenly on the skin, depending on one's skin type or base preferences. The drier the skin/base, the better the formula would blend, but any natural oils or slip caused the blush to go on unevenly and was difficult to blend out. The wear was between seven and eight hours on me on average.
Browse all of our ColourPop Pressed Powder Blush swatches.
Talc, Nylon-12, PTFE, Magnesium Myristate, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Palmitate , Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Octocrylene, Ethylhexylglycerin, Hexylene Glycol, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Iron Oxides (CI 77492), Mica (CI 77019), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.