ColourPop Retro Powder Blush Review & Swatches
ColourPop Retro Pressed Powder Blush ($8.00 for 0.13 oz.) is a darker, orange-coral with warm, reddish undertones and a semi-matte finish. It had a fairly powdery texture, so be careful when picking up product to avoid unnecessary excess kicked up all over the place. It had medium, buildable pigmentation, as described by the brand, that applied fairly well to bare skin but could have been more blendable, especially over non-matte surfaces. It lasted for eight hours before showing signs of fading.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Dior Coral Flight (462) (LE, $46.00) is less shimmery, lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- NARS Liberte (2022) (LE, $30.00) is darker (90% similar).
- MAC Pinch Me (P, $24.00) is less shimmery, darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Nude Glow (Center) (LE, ) is less shimmery, lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- ColourPop Flush'd (LE, $8.00) is less shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Wet 'n' Wild Mellow Wine (P, $2.99) is less shimmery, cooler (85% similar).
- ColourPop Overdramatic (LE, $8.00) is darker, warmer (85% similar).
- Sydney Grace Thinking of You (P, $9.00) is more shimmery, darker (85% similar).
- Pretty Vulgar Hush Blush (P, $26.00) is less shimmery, cooler (85% similar).
- Laura Mercier Sun Drenched (P, $28.00) is less shimmery, darker, more muted (85% similar).
$10.00/0.28 oz. - $35.71 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to go on "smoothly" and have a "natural and healthy flush" that has "long wear" and "can be layered to your desired intensity." It is a lightly to moderately powdery powder blush with semi-sheer to semi-opaque, buildable color payoff. The consistency has a drier, thinner feel and though it feels silky to the touch, I found it the type of powder blush can be tricky to blend out evenly on the skin, depending on one's skin type or base preferences. The drier the skin/base, the better the formula would blend, but any natural oils or slip caused the blush to go on unevenly and was difficult to blend out. The wear was between seven and eight hours on me on average.
Browse all of our ColourPop Pressed Powder Blush swatches.
Comments on this post are closed.
What a punchy bright, yet beautiful looking shade of coral! I love it!
This is a really good blush – semi matte finish and perfect pigmentation.