ColourPop Queen Frostine Pixie Puff Highlighter ($15.00 for 0.44 oz.) is a light, golden beige with strong, warm undertones and both finer pearl and larger, micro-sparkle. It had a more translucent base, which seemed to be consistent with this formula, though there’s not a lot of specific claims made. The loose format does make it harder to judge “one layer” opacity as it’s all a matter of how much one picks up, so I’d say it had more medium, buildable coverage as my best guesstimate.
The texture was finely-milled and very lightweight, so there was a lot of excess that released from the container every time I opened it. In a way, it was like a loose glitter that gets on everything and anything, never to be fully disposed of. I loathe the packaging used on this as the suction created by the lid results in so much product puffing up and dispersing outside of it every time it’s opened. I would also recommend only opening it about half way and leaving the remaining holes sealed to avoid too much product getting into the open area.
As a highlighter, the powder applied evenly and diffused well without issue. It had a noticeable glow but wasn’t overtly shimmery, so it didn’t emphasize my skin’s natural texture. It lasted well for eight hours before fading a bit.
- Tarte Strobe (PiP, ) is more shimmery, lighter (95% similar).
- Natasha Denona Light (01) (P, $38.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- NARS Tell All (LE, $30.00) is more pigmented, warmer (90% similar).
- Dior Holo Pink (001) (DC, $56.00) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- LORAC Destined (LE, $23.00) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Hourglass Euphoric Strobe Light (LE, $40.00) is darker, more pigmented (90% similar).
- Glossier Play Pale Pearl (P, $20.00) is darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Natasha Denona Light (PiP, ) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Natasha Denona Fair (01) (P, $38.00) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- MAC Rosy Glow (LE, ) is more shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, synthetic fluorphlogopite, fragrance, octyldodecyl , phenoxyethanol, silica, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate, tin oxide. may contain: bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163), iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499), mica (ci 77019), red 6 lake (ci 15850), red 7 (ci 15850), red 7 lake (ci 15850), red 28 lake (ci 45410) , red 40 lake (ci 16035), titanium dioxide (ci 77891), fd&c yellow 5 (ci 19140).
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.