ColourPop Parallel Super Shock Cheek (Highlighter) ($8.00 for 0.15 oz.) is a brighter, medium pink base that was slightly more neutral-to-cool in undertone, while it had contrasting, golden pearl throughout that gave it a luminous sheen. It had more opaque pigmentation when applied with a fingertip and sheerer, more buildable coverage when applied with a synthetic brush, as marketed.
I liked applying the formula with a fingertip and diffusing with the clean edge of a different fingertip, as the color spread well, wasn’t prone to lifting up base products, and was very forgiving. The consistency was emollient to the touch, but it was a thin, lightweight formula that turned to something more powder-like once it came into contact with skin. It stayed on nicely for nine and a half hours before fading a bit.
* This shade was brought back for a limited time by ColourPop to celebrate Temptalia’s 15th anniversary.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- ColourPop GOAT (LE, $10.00) is less shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Give Me Glow Pink Moscato Wasted (P, $17.25) is lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- ColourPop Boba (DC, $8.00) is lighter, brighter, cooler (90% similar).
- MAC Into the Pink (P, $31.00) is warmer (95% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Bicoastal (Bottom) (LE, ) is less shimmery, darker (85% similar).
- Sydney Grace Stiletto (LE, $9.00) is less shimmery, darker, warmer (85% similar).
- Ciate Baby Doll (P, $26.00) is less shimmery (85% similar).
- Fenty Beauty Sangria Sunset (PiP, $36.00) is lighter, cooler (85% similar).
- Becca Camellia (DC, $34.00) is lighter, warmer (85% similar).
- Becca Foxglove (DC, $34.00) is darker (85% similar).
$10.00/0.15 oz. - $66.67 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to have "buildable" coverage and can be applied with fingertips (which will yield "higher coverage") or a brush (for sheerer coverage). It's a cream-based product that has a subtle, "wet" feel to it but never has the thickness of a true cream-based blush.
It goes on with the smoothness of a cream formulation but diffuses and blends (without lifting up one's base) more like a powder product. The product sets to a powder finish, so the product won't slide around during the day.
On me, the wear tends to be between eight and 10 hours. Most shades have medium, buildable pigmentation with some being semi-opaque to opaque on occasion. They are typically blendable, easy to use, and long-wearing.
Browse all of our ColourPop Super Shock Cheek (Highlighter) swatches.
Dimethicone, Alumina, Isononyl Isononanoate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Ethylhexyl Isononanoate, Isopropyl Myristate, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Tin Oxide, Ethylhexylglycerin, Propylene Carbonate, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Palmitic Acid, Mica (CI 77019), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140).
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.