Colour Pop Jolly Super Shock Blush ($9.00 for 0.15 oz.) is a light, peachy coral with strong,w arm undertones and a soft, pearly sheen with flecks of pink and gold pearl. It had opaque coverage applied with a fingertip and more semi-sheer to medium, biddable coverage applied with a stippling brush–as marketed.
The texture was smooth to the touch with light slip, though it did not feel as emollient as past shades have in this formula (with a similar finish). The product applied well to bare skin as the color blended out evenly and didn’t turn patchy. When I applied it over foundation, it worked fairly well, but I noticed I had to be gentle and do less blending and more gentle patting and pressing into place to avoid my base lifting up. It wore well for nine hours before fading visibly.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Ciate Summer Love (P, $26.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Wet 'n' Wild Rose Champagne (P, $2.99) is more shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Benefit Sugarbomb (2020) (P, $17.00) is cooler (90% similar).
- CoverGirl Light Rose (DC, $9.99) is more shimmery, lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Makeup Geek Romance (P, $10.00) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Dior Peach Splendor (LE, $44.00) is less shimmery, lighter, cooler (85% similar).
- bareMinerals Inner Beauty (LE, ) is less shimmery, more muted (85% similar).
- LORAC Unimaginable (LE, ) is more shimmery, brighter, cooler (85% similar).
- Marc Jacobs Beauty Flesh & Fantasy (506) (P, $42.00) is more shimmery, darker, cooler (80% similar).
- Jouer Touch Me (PiP, ) is more shimmery, lighter, cooler (80% similar).
$8.00/0.15 oz. - $53.33 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to have "buildable" coverage and can be applied with fingertips (which will yield "higher coverage") or a brush (for sheerer coverage). It's a cream-based product that has a subtle, "wet" feel to it but never has the thickness of a true cream-based blush. It goes on with the smoothness of a cream formulation but diffuses and blends (without lifting up one's base) more like a powder product. The product sets to a powder finish, so the product won't slide around during the day. On me, the wear tends to be between eight and 10 hours. Most shades have medium, buildable pigmentation with some being semi-opaque to opaque on occasion. They are typically blendable, easy to use, and long-wearing.
Browse all of our Colour Pop Super Shock Cheek swatches.
synthetic fluorphlogopite, cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone, trimethylsiloxysilicate, boron nitride, flavor , octocrylene, calcium sodium borosilicate, ethylhexyl salicylate, c30-45 alkyl cetearyl dimethicone crosspolymer, alumina, isododecane, cyclohexasiloxane, ethylhexyl isononanoate, dimethicone/vinyltrimethylsiloxysilicate crosspolymer, butyl methoxydibenzoylmethane, dimethicone crosspolymer, phenoxyethanol, diethylhexyl syringylidenemalonate, dimethiconol, isopropyl myristate, disteardimonium hectorite, glycine soja (soybean) oil, silica, cetyl dimethicone, mangifera indica (mango) seed butter, ethylhexylglycerin, propylene carbonate, tin oxide, stearalkonium hectorite, cucumis sativus (cucumber) fruit extract, calcium aluminum borosilicate, aluminum calcium sodium silicate. may contain: bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163), blue 1 lake (ci 42090), bronze powder (ci 77400), carmine (ci 75470), chromium hydroxide green (ci 77289), chromium oxide greens (ci 77288), copper powder (ci 77400), ferric ferrocyanide (ci 77510), iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499), manganese violet (ci 77742), mica (ci 77019), red 6 (ci 15850), red 7 (ci 15850), red 7 lake (ci 15850), red 27 lake (ci 45410), red 28 (ci 45410), red 28 lake (ci 45410), red 40 lake (ci 16035), titanium dioxide (ci 77891), yellow 5 lake (ci 19140), yellow 6 lake (ci 15985).