Colour Pop Interstellar Pressed Powder Blush ($7.00 for 0.21 oz.) is a medium-dark pink with strong, warm undertones and a matte finish. It had medium to semi-opaque, buildable color coverage that applied fairly evenly and smoothly to bare skin, though I felt like it was a little harder to diffuse and blend out over bare skin (but easier over matte foundation).
The texture was soft, silky, and lightly powdery but seemed less powdery than some of the brand’s blushes released in the past. The color darkened a bit when applied to bare skin, too, so this shade–and the formula in general–tend to apply easiest and retain truer-to-pan color applied over just-powdered/more matte skin. It wore well for eight hours before fading visibly.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- MAC Cheer Up (LE, $30.00) is more shimmery, lighter (95% similar).
- MAC Sweet Sweet Fantasy (LE, $24.00) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Tarte Smashing (LE, $29.00) is darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Count Me In (P, $8.00) is lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- NYX Summer Peach (DC, $5.00) is brighter (90% similar).
- OFRA Sweet Stuff (LE, ) is more shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Fenty Beauty Strawberry Drip (P, $20.00) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Smith and Cult Warm Pink (P, $24.00) is lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Chanel Rose Petillant (330) (P, $45.00) is more shimmery, lighter (85% similar).
- Fenty Beauty Petal Poppin' (P, $20.00) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (85% similar).
$7.00/0.21 oz. - $33.33 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to go on "smoothly" and have a "natural and healthy flush" that has "long wear" and "can be layered to your desired intensity." It is a lightly to moderately powdery powder blush with semi-sheer to semi-opaque, buildable color payoff. The consistency has a drier, thinner feel and though it feels silky to the touch, I found it the type of powder blush can be tricky to blend out evenly on the skin, depending on one's skin type or base preferences. The drier the skin/base, the better the formula would blend, but any natural oils or slip caused the blush to go on unevenly and was difficult to blend out. The wear was between seven and eight hours on me on average.
Browse all of our Colour Pop Pressed Powder Blush swatches.
Talc, Boron Nitride, Nylon-12, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Magnesium Stearate, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Zinc Stearate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Distarch Phosphate, Silica, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Aluminum Calcium Sodium Silicate, Hydrolyzed Theobroma Cacao Seed Butter, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone, Caprylyl Glycol, Octocrylene, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Ethylhexylglycerin, Hexylene Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tin Oxide, Quercetin. May Contain: Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Mica (CI 77019), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 (CI 15850), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 27 Lake (CI 45410), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Red 40 Lake (CI 16035), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140).