ColourPop Happy Thoughts Super Shock Cheek ($8.00 for 0.15 oz.) is a light-medium peach base with subtle, warmer rose undertones paired with lighter, more golden peach shimmer that gave it a lighter look once applied and blended out on skin. The texture felt wet to the touch, but it was smooth, emollient, and thinner (not in a bad way). The formula was cream-like initially but dried down to a powder once it came into contact with my skin.
It had opaque pigmentation when applied with a fingertip and more medium, buildable pigmentation when applied with a synthetic brush, which is as expected for the formula. I had no trouble applying and blending it out on my skin, and it was able to be applied over foundation without lifting it up. It lasted well for nine and a half hours before fading a bit.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Chanel Metal Peach (LE, $80.00) is more shimmery, darker (95% similar).
- ColourPop Gnomie (P, $7.00) is more shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Milani Moon Glow (P, $10.00) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Anastasia Regal (LE, ) is more shimmery, lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- ColourPop Beach Party (LE, $10.00) is warmer (90% similar).
- ColourPop Lantern Fest (LE, $10.00) is warmer (90% similar).
- Fenty Beauty Hustla Baby 2 (P, $28.00) is less shimmery, darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Hourglass Absolute Strobe Light (LE, ) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Pat McGrath Golden Nectar (P, $48.00) is more shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Pat McGrath Lunar Nude (LE, $60.00) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
$8.00/0.15 oz. - $53.33 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to have "buildable" coverage and can be applied with fingertips (which will yield "higher coverage") or a brush (for sheerer coverage). It's a cream-based product that has a subtle, "wet" feel to it but never has the thickness of a true cream-based blush. It goes on with the smoothness of a cream formulation but diffuses and blends (without lifting up one's base) more like a powder product. The product sets to a powder finish, so the product won't slide around during the day. On me, the wear tends to be between eight and 10 hours. Most shades have medium, buildable pigmentation with some being semi-opaque to opaque on occasion. They are typically blendable, easy to use, and long-wearing.
Browse all of our ColourPop Super Shock Cheek swatches.