Colour Pop Gumdrop Pass Super Shock Blush ($9.00 for 0.15 oz.) is a light-medium pink withs ubtle, warm undertones and cooler silver and lavender micro-pearl over a more matte finish. The texture felt drier and thinner, almost stiff to work with, but it was still malleable so I wouldn’t say that it was dried out… but it didn’t feel as emollient or as cream-like (at least, initially) for the formula in my experience.
It had medium coverage that was buildable to mostly opaque with two to three layers applied with fingertips and very sheer coverage with a brush (I wouldn’t bother using a brush at all here), but the dryness made it harder to apply to bare skin and really poor over foundation as it was very prone to lifting and moving underlying products around. Worn on bare skin, it stayed on well for nine hours before fading visibly.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Surratt Beauty Barbe a Papa (P, $32.00) is more shimmery, lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- NYX Baby Doll (P, $6.50) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Wallaby (P, $8.00) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Natasha Denona Love Glow (Diamond Powder) (PiP, ) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (85% similar).
- Dior Blush Pink (PiP, ) is more shimmery, warmer (85% similar).
- Kevyn Aucoin Grapevine #1 (PiP, ) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (85% similar).
- Makeup Revolution Bang Bang You're Dead (P, $5.00) is more shimmery, cooler (85% similar).
- Giorgio Armani No. 08 (P, $62.00) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (80% similar).
- Sydney Grace Pink Lemonade (LE, $9.00) is more shimmery, darker, cooler (80% similar).
- MAC Just a Wisp (P, $29.00) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (80% similar).
$8.00/0.15 oz. - $53.33 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to have "buildable" coverage and can be applied with fingertips (which will yield "higher coverage") or a brush (for sheerer coverage). It's a cream-based product that has a subtle, "wet" feel to it but never has the thickness of a true cream-based blush. It goes on with the smoothness of a cream formulation but diffuses and blends (without lifting up one's base) more like a powder product. The product sets to a powder finish, so the product won't slide around during the day. On me, the wear tends to be between eight and 10 hours. Most shades have medium, buildable pigmentation with some being semi-opaque to opaque on occasion. They are typically blendable, easy to use, and long-wearing.
Browse all of our Colour Pop Super Shock Cheek swatches.
synthetic fluorphlogopite, cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone, trimethylsiloxysilicate, boron nitride, flavor , octocrylene, calcium sodium borosilicate, ethylhexyl salicylate, c30-45 alkyl cetearyl dimethicone crosspolymer, alumina, isododecane, cyclohexasiloxane, ethylhexyl isononanoate, dimethicone/vinyltrimethylsiloxysilicate crosspolymer, butyl methoxydibenzoylmethane, dimethicone crosspolymer, phenoxyethanol, diethylhexyl syringylidenemalonate, dimethiconol, isopropyl myristate, disteardimonium hectorite, glycine soja (soybean) oil, silica, cetyl dimethicone, mangifera indica (mango) seed butter, ethylhexylglycerin, propylene carbonate, tin oxide, stearalkonium hectorite, cucumis sativus (cucumber) fruit extract, calcium aluminum borosilicate, aluminum calcium sodium silicate. may contain: bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163), blue 1 lake (ci 42090), bronze powder (ci 77400), carmine (ci 75470), chromium hydroxide green (ci 77289), chromium oxide greens (ci 77288), copper powder (ci 77400), ferric ferrocyanide (ci 77510), iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499), manganese violet (ci 77742), mica (ci 77019), red 6 (ci 15850), red 7 (ci 15850), red 7 lake (ci 15850), red 27 lake (ci 45410), red 28 (ci 45410), red 28 lake (ci 45410), red 40 lake (ci 16035), titanium dioxide (ci 77891), yellow 5 lake (ci 19140), yellow 6 lake (ci 15985).