ColourPop Grunge Girl Lippie Pencil ($5.00 for 0.04 oz.) is a deep burgundy with cooler undertones and a matte finish. It had nearly opaque pigmentation in a single layer, but the depth of color paired with the matte finish meant that it turned even deeper when layered, which amplified any unevenness.
I’d recommend using this to line the edge of lips but less so for filling in as it was hard to get an even, smooth layer of product, both physically in terms of thickness as well as in color coverage. The texture was smooth, velvety, and comfortable enough to work with. It lasted for six hours and felt a little drying over time when worn as an all-over color.
LELimited Edition. $5.00.
Over the Liner
ColourPop Over the Liner Lippie Pencil ($5.00 for 0.04 oz.) is a light-medium, reddish-plum with warmer undertones and a matte finish. It had nearly opaque color coverage in one stroke, which adhered evenly to my lips and was comfortable to apply as a liner as well as all over my lips.
Additionally, the formula actually went on smoothly and was fairly forgiving of lip lines/lip texture (for a matte lip liner!) for all-over usage. The texture was more velvety, which gave it good glide but kept it in place. The color wore well for five hours and felt slightly drying while worn.
- Bite Beauty #032 (P, $18.00) is lighter, cooler (85% similar).
- KVD Beauty OG Lolita (P, $18.00) is lighter, cooler (85% similar).
- Bite Beauty #028 (P, $18.00) is lighter, cooler (85% similar).
- Anastasia Kathryn (P, $20.00) is lighter, brighter (80% similar).
- KVD Beauty Double Dare (DC, $21.00) is lighter, warmer, glossier (80% similar).
- ColourPop Tulle (P, $6.50).