Colour Pop Goldie Matte X Lippie Stix ($6.00 for 0.0352 oz.) is a rich, deep red with neutral-to-cool undertones and a matte finish. It had nearly opaque color coverage that adhered evenly and smoothly across my lips. The lipstick had a velvety consistency that was incredibly silky, comfortable to apply and to wear, and lightweight with a nearly flat-matte finish (without it being a liquid lipstick or prone to tugging). I did find that the shade would be easier to apply using a lip brush to avoid slightly uneven edges, though. The product stayed on well for over six hours, left a very long-wearing, fuchsia stain, and was non-drying.
- NARS Rouge Indiscret (LE, $28.00) is lighter (95% similar).
- Maybelline Cruel Ruby (P, $7.49) is glossier (95% similar).
- Pat McGrath Vendetta (P, $40.00) is glossier (95% similar).
- Lisa Eldridge Velvet Jazz (LE, $32.00) is lighter, warmer, glossier (90% similar).
- NARS Just Push Play (P, $26.00) is warmer (90% similar).
- NARS Starwoman (P, $26.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- NARS Rouge Improbable (LE, $28.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- MAC Slay Ride (LE, $20.00) is brighter (90% similar).
- Buxom Voodoo Spice (P, $22.00) is more shimmery, cooler, glossier (90% similar).
- Chanel Experimente (154) (P, $37.00) is lighter, cooler (90% similar).
$6.00/0.0352 oz. - $170.45 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to have "full-coverage" with a "super matte" finish that has a "lightweight and velvety feel." I'd agree with all of those things--most shades were opaque while a few were more semi-opaque to mostly opaque. The texture has a silicone-heavy feel to it, so it has the velvety slip that used to be more typical of face primers than lip products, but this silicone-heavy type of formula has made its way into lip products to give a more matte finish with a smoother, more velvety consistency. The consistency feels a bit denser, though it remains lightweight, and usually delivers even coverage in a single stroke that doesn't tug. The formula wears anywhere from four to eight hours on me, and it is typically neither drying nor hydrating. There's a soft, sweet vanilla scent but no discernible taste.
Browse all of our Colour Pop Matte X Lippie Stix swatches.
Cyclopentasiloxane, Caprylyl Methicone, Cyclohexasiloxane, Stearyl Methicone, Polyethylene, Phenyl Trimethicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Lauryl Laurate, Microcrystalline Wax, Synthetic Beeswax, Paraffin, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Flavor, Glycerin, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Tocopherol, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, C12-16 Alcohol, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Palmitic Acid, Betaine, Momordica Grosvenori Fruit Extract, Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410).
Colour Pop Poison Lippie Stix ($6.00 for 0.0352 oz.) is a medium-dark red with neutral-to-cool undertones and a natural sheen. It had semi-opaque pigmentation that adhered evenly and smoothly across my lips without emphasizing my lip lines. The consistency was lightweight, thin, and a touch tacky but had enough slip that it didn’t tug on my lips during application and felt comfortable to wear. It lasted well for five and a half hours, left a fuchsia stain behind, and was neither drying nor hydrating over time.
- MAC Retro Rouge (LE, $18.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- Guerlain #94 (P, $33.00) is less shimmery, darker, warmer (95% similar).
- Colour Pop TGIF (LE, $6.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- NARS VIP Red (DC, $28.00) is warmer (95% similar).
- Urban Decay Love Drunk (P, $18.00) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- MAC Studded Kiss (P, $20.00) is darker, glossier (90% similar).
- Kat Von D Nosferatu (P, $20.00) is darker, less glossy (90% similar).
- Estee Lauder Vin Noir (315) (LE, $32.00) is less shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Marc Jacobs Beauty Blow (210) (P, $30.00) is glossier (90% similar).
- NARS Majella (P, $25.00) is lighter (90% similar).
$6.00/0.0352 oz. - $170.45 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to have "full coverage" with a "long-wearing, ultra comfortable" feel. Because there are quite a few finishes in the range, some of the results depend more on the finish.
The matte finish tends to be thinner, drier, and firmer in the tube, and they can, occasionally, tug on my lips noticeably during application, but usually have good pigmentation and long wear; they range from non-drying to somewhat drying.
The Creme finish has a creamier, more emollient quality to it that has excellent pigmentation, comfortable wear, and good wear time (four to six hours); it tends to be a little hydrating but occasionally suffers from issues where product gathers in lip lines or they don't go on as evenly as they could. There's a soft, sweet vanilla scent but no discernible taste.
Browse all of our Colour Pop Lippie Stix swatches.
Polyethylene, Lauryl Laurate, Synthetic Wax, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, C11-12 Isoparaffin, Stearoxy Dimethicone, Stearyl Dimethicone, Glyceryl Hydrogenated Rosinate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Zeolite, Hdi/trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Hydrated Silica, Persea Gratissima (avocado) Oil, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Flavor, Ethyl Vanillin, Allantoin, Mangifera Indica (mango) Seed Butter, Butyrospermum Parkii (shea Butter), Glycerin, Tocopherol, Glycine Soja (soybean) Oil, Silica, C12-16 Alcohol, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Palmitic Acid, Betaine, Momordica Grosvenori Fruit Extract, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850).