ColourPop Gnomie Luster Dust Loose Highlighter ($7.00 for 0.11 oz.) is a light, golden beige with warm undertones and a sparkling, metallic finish. The texture seemed to have slightly larger particles in it, so the powder itself did not seem was finely-milled or as silky in feel as the other two shades released. The powder did, however, apply seamlessly to bare skin but was particularly beautiful over foundation, where it seemed to melt and make my skin appear shiny and smooth. It had medium coverage that was buildable to opaque coverage with less than two layers of product–it did seem more pigmented when I was actually apply it to my cheekbones than when I swatched it on my arm, though. It stayed on well for eight and a half hours.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Benefit Cookie (P, $30.00) is lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Pat McGrath Pale Moon (LE, $52.00) is darker (90% similar).
- Tarte Moonlight (PiP, ) is less shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Dior Nude Glow (001) (P, $50.00) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- Too Faced Warm Glow (Right) (PiP, ) is less shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Becca Year of the Pig (LE, $38.00) is less shimmery, lighter (85% similar).
- Smashbox Gold Glitz (LE, $32.00) is less pigmented (90% similar).
- Marc Jacobs Beauty Showstopper (81) (LE, $49.00) is less shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Kosas Papaya 1972 (Highlighter) (PiP, ) is less shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Hourglass Absolute Strobe Light (LE, ) is lighter, cooler (90% similar).
$7.00/0.106 oz. - $66.04 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to be a "finely-milled, soft powder" that "packs a blinding punch" where "a little goes a long way." These can be incredibly shiny and metallic on the skin, and the coverage seemed to be all in the application. They actually seemed to be more pigmented when I applied them to my cheekbones using a tapered highlighter than when I used smaller brushes (for eyes) on my forearm. The powders were finely-milled with some base color and a lot of shimmer/pearl. I found the best way to apply these was to pick up product onto a brush and then swirl my brush on the interior of the cap, which helped to disperse the powder more evenly through my brush. This resulted in more even application to my cheeks that required less buffing and blending than if I skipped the swirling step. They lasted around eight hours on me.
Browse all of our ColourPop Luster Dust Loose Highlighter swatches.
Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Aluminum Calcium Sodium Silicate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Phenoxyethanol, Octyldodecanol, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Silica, Tin Oxide, Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.