Drop of a Hat
Colour Pop Drop of a Hat Super Shock Cheek ($8.00 for 0.15 oz.) is a medium coral with warm, pink undertones and a golden sheen. It had nearly opaque pigmentation when applied with fingertips and semi-sheer to semi-opaque, buildable coverage when applied with a brush. The texture felt smooth, lightly emollient, and applied evenly to bare skin as well as over foundation (as it did not disturb my base). The blush dried down to a powder-like finish and lasted for nine hours on me. I noticed that the finish on this seemed a bit dewier, possibly due to the shimmer amount or size, and that it appeared pinker as I sheered it out on my cheeks (not quite as orange/coral).
- Natasha Denona Vibrant Coral & Golden (PiP, $38.00) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Fenty Beauty Beach Bum (LE, $25.00) is less shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- MAC Stereo Rose (LE, $34.00) is warmer (90% similar).
- Jouer Marigold (LE, ) is lighter (90% similar).
- Stila Peach Shimmer (LE, ) is lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Tarte Extraordinary (LE, $29.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- Milani Red Vino (P, $8.00) is darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Clinique Fig Pop (P, $21.00) is less shimmery, warmer (85% similar).
- Fenty Beauty Ginger Binge (PiP, $36.00) is darker, warmer (85% similar).
- Makeup Geek Romance (DC, $9.99) is lighter (85% similar).
$8.00/0.15 oz. - $53.33 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to have "buildable" coverage and can be applied with fingertips (which will yield "higher coverage") or a brush (for sheerer coverage). It's a cream-based product that has a subtle, "wet" feel to it but never has the thickness of a true cream-based blush. It goes on with the smoothness of a cream formulation but diffuses and blends (without lifting up one's base) more like a powder product. The product sets to a powder finish, so the product won't slide around during the day. On me, the wear tends to be between eight and 10 hours. Most shades have medium, buildable pigmentation with some being semi-opaque to opaque on occasion. They are typically blendable, easy to use, and long-wearing.
Browse all of our Colour Pop Super Shock Cheek swatches.
Dimethicone, Isononyl Isononanoate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Ethylhexyl Isononanoate, Alumina, Isopropyl Myristate, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Ethylhexylglycerin, Propylene Carbonate, Tin Oxide, Carmine (CI 75470), Iron Oxide (CI 77491), Mica (CI 77019), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Red 6 (CI 15850), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).