ColourPop Doozie Super Shock Cheek ($8.00 for 0.15 oz.) is a light orange with moderate, warm undertones and a matte finish. While the texture didn’t feel amiss–it was velvety, smooth, and didn’t seemed dried out–I really struggled to get product to translate onto skin without having to really push/rub the product on, which obviously did not go well when applied over foundation/base products. It had medium, buildable color coverage that stayed on decently for eight hours before fading visibly.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Kaleidos Ecstasy (LE, $18.00) is darker (95% similar).
- Anastasia Miami (PiP, ) is more shimmery, darker, glossier (90% similar).
- Tarte Slay Bells (LE, $29.00) is darker, warmer (90% similar).
- NARS Luster (P, $30.00) is more shimmery, darker, cooler (85% similar).
- Essence Satin Coral (P, $2.99) is more shimmery, darker, warmer (85% similar).
- ColourPop Shook to the Coral (LE, $12.00) is more shimmery, darker, cooler (85% similar).
- Too Faced Sugared Peach (PiP, ) is more shimmery, darker (85% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Peach Poison (Left) (PiP, ) is darker (85% similar).
- ColourPop Zip (LE, $12.00) is more shimmery, darker, warmer (85% similar).
- NARS Bounty (LE, $30.00) is more shimmery, darker, cooler (85% similar).
$8.00/0.15 oz. - $53.33 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to have "buildable" coverage and can be applied with fingertips (which will yield "higher coverage") or a brush (for sheerer coverage). It's a cream-based product that has a subtle, "wet" feel to it but never has the thickness of a true cream-based blush. It goes on with the smoothness of a cream formulation but diffuses and blends (without lifting up one's base) more like a powder product. The product sets to a powder finish, so the product won't slide around during the day. On me, the wear tends to be between eight and 10 hours. Most shades have medium, buildable pigmentation with some being semi-opaque to opaque on occasion. They are typically blendable, easy to use, and long-wearing.
Browse all of our ColourPop Super Shock Cheek swatches.