ColourPop Brut Flute Super Shock Cheek ($8.00 for 0.15 oz.) is a medium, pink-plum base with moderate, warm undertones and a fine, darker gold pearl woven throughout the product, which gave it a luminous sheen.
It had opaque color coverage applied with a fingertip and more medium, buildable coverage applied with a stippling brush, which was as anticipated. The texture was smooth, lightly emollient, and turned to a powder-like finish when applied to bare skin. It wore well for 10 hours before fading visibly.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Laura Geller Tropic Hues (P, $28.00) is more shimmery, cooler (95% similar).
- MAC Buddy (Shimmer) (LE, $24.00) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- NARS Isadora (LE, $30.00) is more shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- MAC Plum Foolery (P, $24.00) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Buxom Dolly (P, $22.00) is warmer (90% similar).
- Laura Geller Roseberry (P, $28.00) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Smith and Cult Cool Pink (P, $24.00) is cooler (90% similar).
- NARS Ferocious (LE, $30.00) is darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Stila Berry Shimmer (LE, ) is more shimmery, darker, cooler (85% similar).
- Estee Lauder Mauve Mystique (P, $34.00) is more shimmery, lighter (85% similar).
$8.00/0.15 oz. - $53.33 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to have "buildable" coverage and can be applied with fingertips (which will yield "higher coverage") or a brush (for sheerer coverage). It's a cream-based product that has a subtle, "wet" feel to it but never has the thickness of a true cream-based blush. It goes on with the smoothness of a cream formulation but diffuses and blends (without lifting up one's base) more like a powder product. The product sets to a powder finish, so the product won't slide around during the day. On me, the wear tends to be between eight and 10 hours. Most shades have medium, buildable pigmentation with some being semi-opaque to opaque on occasion. They are typically blendable, easy to use, and long-wearing.
Browse all of our ColourPop Super Shock Cheek swatches.
dimethicone, isononyl isononanoate, trimethylsiloxysilicate, synthetic fluorphlogopite, dimethicone crosspolymer, ethylhexyl isononanoate, isopropyl myristate, vinyl dimethicone/methicone silsesquioxane crosspolymer, phenoxyethanol, stearalkonium hectorite, tin oxide, ethylhexylglycerin, propylene carbonate, carmine (ci 75470), iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492), manganese violet (ci 77742), mica (ci 77019), titanium dioxide (ci 77891).
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.