ColourPop Barre Hopping Pressed Powder Blush ($8.00 for 0.21 oz.) is a light-medium brown with warm, orange undertones and a matte finish. It had semi-sheer, buildable color coverage that was buildable to semi-opaque coverage. The texture was drier and moderately powdery in the pan, though it did not appear dry or chalky on my skin and blended decently. It just barely showed up on my complexion so it might work well for fairer compelxions as a soft bronzer but would likely get lost on deeper skin tones. The blush wore well for seven and a half hours on me.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- By Terry Tropical Sunset #4 (LE, ) is darker, warmer (95% similar).
- Kevyn Aucoin Natura (P, $37.00) is lighter (95% similar).
- MAC Harmony (P, $24.00) is lighter (95% similar).
- ColourPop Matchmaker (LE, $8.00) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- MAC Spring Bling (LE, $35.50) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Gucci Beauty Fair (01) (P, $62.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- Burberry Dark Earthy (P, $42.00) is lighter, warmer (85% similar).
- MAC I'm Not Blushing (Bottom) (LE, ) is darker, cooler (85% similar).
- NARS Dream Place (LE, $30.00) is darker (85% similar).
- MAC So Natural (LE, $30.00) is more shimmery, lighter (85% similar).
$8.00/0.13 oz. - $61.54 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to go on "smoothly" and have a "natural and healthy flush" that has "long wear" and "can be layered to your desired intensity." It is a lightly to moderately powdery powder blush with semi-sheer to semi-opaque, buildable color payoff. The consistency has a drier, thinner feel and though it feels silky to the touch, I found it the type of powder blush can be tricky to blend out evenly on the skin, depending on one's skin type or base preferences. The drier the skin/base, the better the formula would blend, but any natural oils or slip caused the blush to go on unevenly and was difficult to blend out. The wear was between seven and eight hours on me on average.
Browse all of our ColourPop Pressed Powder Blush swatches.
Talc, Nylon-12, Magnesium Myristate, Ptfe, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Octocrylene, Ethylhexylglycerin, Hexylene Glycol, Bismuth Oxychloride (Ci 77163), Blue 1 Lake (Ci 42090), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Mica (Ci 77019), Red 40 Lake (Ci 16035), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891).
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.