ColourPop Bardot Super Shock Cheek ($8.00 for 0.15 oz.) is a deep copper with warm, red undertones and a pearl finish. It had opaque pigmentation when applied with fingertips and more medium, buildable color coverage when applied with a stippling brush. The consistency was smooth, slightly wet to the touch, but it had the same, spongy texture signature to the Super Shock formula that kept it a thinner formula that dried down to a powder-like finish after 15 to 30 seconds. The color blended out easily on my skin and yielded a luminous sheen that didn’t emphasize my skin’s natural texture. It wore well for nine and a half hours and had barely faded.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- MAC Rhubarb #2 (LE, $39.00) is lighter (95% similar).
- NARS Fervor (Right) (PiP, ) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- ColourPop Stryke (LE, $8.00) is lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Chanel Burnt Coral (390) (LE, $45.00) is less shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- MAC Taraji Glow (LE, $34.00) is less shimmery, darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Becca Maui Nights (P, $38.00) is less shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- ColourPop Darling (LE, $8.00) is less shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Chanel Evening Beige (340) (P, $45.00) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- ColourPop Voile (LE, $8.00) is less shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- MAC Make You Mine (P, $23.50) is less shimmery, lighter (95% similar).
$8.00/0.15 oz. - $53.33 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to have "buildable" coverage and can be applied with fingertips (which will yield "higher coverage") or a brush (for sheerer coverage). It's a cream-based product that has a subtle, "wet" feel to it but never has the thickness of a true cream-based blush. It goes on with the smoothness of a cream formulation but diffuses and blends (without lifting up one's base) more like a powder product. The product sets to a powder finish, so the product won't slide around during the day. On me, the wear tends to be between eight and 10 hours. Most shades have medium, buildable pigmentation with some being semi-opaque to opaque on occasion. They are typically blendable, easy to use, and long-wearing.
Browse all of our ColourPop Super Shock Cheek swatches.
Dimethicone, Isononyl Isononanoate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Ethylhexyl Isononanoate, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone, Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Isopropyl Myristate, Phenoxyethanol, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Ethylhexylglycerin, Propylene Carbonate, Carmine (CI 75470), Iron Oxide (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Mica (CI 77019), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.