Clionadh Fuse Powder Highlighter ($15.00 for 0.21 oz.) has a transparent base with shimmer that seemed to shift slightly between cooler pink and warmer pink, looking almost peachy at certain angles. It had a luminous sheen that didn’t emphasize my skin’s natural texture. The bluish base was more visible on camera than I felt it was in person, but with the way the reflective quality of the shimmer worked, it was something I’d layer over a blush, which would bring forth the shift more.
The consistency was soft, smooth, and a smidgen powdery in the pan, but it applied evenly and blended out nicely without looking powdery on my skin. It stayed on well for eight and a half hours before fading a bit.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- MAC Soft Frost (P, $44.00) is cooler (90% similar).
- Morphe Stardust (P, $14.00) is cooler (90% similar).
- Terra Moons Red Giant (P, $17.00) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Laura Geller Diamond Dust (P, $26.00) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Clionadh Ray (P, $14.25) is more shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Pat McGrath Iridescent Pink (003) (PiP, $60.00) is darker (90% similar).
- ColourPop Pinch Me (LE, $10.00) is cooler (90% similar).
- Anastasia Unicorn (LE, ) is more shimmery, warmer (85% similar).
- Becca Pink Pyrite (LE, $38.00) is more shimmery, cooler (85% similar).
- MAC Shine De-light (P, $18.00) is more shimmery, warmer (85% similar).
$12.50/0.21 oz. - $59.52 Per Ounce
There's not much that describes the formula other than it has a "soft, buildable application." They tended to be quite pigmented--semi-opaque to fully opaque--with soft, smoother textures that weren't too dense nor too softly-pressed into the pan. For sheerer or more buildable application, I'd highly recommend using a lighter hand a less-dense brush to do so.
The texture was typically smooth, slightly dense and a bit thicker than most powder highlighters on the market, so they often needed to be really buffed and diffused on the skin. The finishes were often more intense, leaning toward metallic, and occasionally, they emphasized my skin's natural texture when worn at higher coverage levels. They wore between eight and nine hours on me for the most part.
Browse all of our Clionadh Powder Highlighter swatches.
Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Dimethicone, Caprylic/ Capric Triglyceride, Isopropyl Myristate, Tin Oxide, Iron Oxide, Zinc Stearate, Calcium Carbonate, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Kaolin, Silica, Allantoin, Boron Nitride, Magnesium Stearate. May Contain: +/- Ultramarines, +/- Chromium Oxide Green, +/- Ferric Ferrocyanide, +/- Bismuth Oxychloride, +/- Manganese Violet.
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.