Clionadh Credne Powder Highlighter ($12.50 for 0.21 oz.) is a rich, medium-dark copper with warm, brownish undertones and more golden shimmer paired with an intense, metallic finish. The glow was strong with this one, and it did emphasize my skin’s natural texture, particularly at medium or higher coverage.
The consistency was moderately dense, more cream-like, finely-milled, and blendable. It had opaque pigmentation in a single layer–a little went a long way–so it wasn’t as buildable as marketed. It stayed on well for eight and a half hours before fading a bit.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Melt Cosmetics Nova (P, $39.00) is less shimmery, cooler (95% similar).
- Coloured Raine Your Treat (P, $25.00) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- Wayne Goss Golden Glow (PiP, ) is less shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- MAC In on the Secret (LE, $37.00) is less shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Sydney Grace Bronzed Radiance (P, $8.00) is warmer (90% similar).
- Looxi Beauty Divine (P, $7.50) is lighter (90% similar).
- Makeup by Mario Bronze (P, $28.00) is less shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- JD Glow Gabrielle (P, $16.50) is lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Wet 'n' Wild Awesome Blossom (P, ) is less shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Huda Beauty Helios (P, $55.00) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
$12.50/0.21 oz. - $59.52 Per Ounce
There's not much that describes the formula other than it has a "soft, buildable application." They tended to be quite pigmented--semi-opaque to fully opaque--with soft, smoother textures that weren't too dense nor too softly-pressed into the pan. For sheerer or more buildable application, I'd highly recommend using a lighter hand a less-dense brush to do so.
The texture was typically smooth, slightly dense and a bit thicker than most powder highlighters on the market, so they often needed to be really buffed and diffused on the skin. The finishes were often more intense, leaning toward metallic, and occasionally, they emphasized my skin's natural texture when worn at higher coverage levels. They wore between eight and nine hours on me for the most part.
Browse all of our Clionadh Powder Highlighter swatches.
Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Tin Oxide, Iron Oxides, +/- Ultramarines, +/- Chromium Oxide Green, +/- Ferric Ferrocyanide, +/- Bismuth Oxychloride, +/- Manganese Violet, Zinc Stearate, Calcium Carbonate, Kaolin, Silica, Allantoin, Magnesium Stearate, Isopropyl Myristate, Caprylic/ Capric Triglyceride, Dimethicone
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.