Clionadh Bel Powder Highlighter ($12.50 for 0.21 oz.) is a light yellow with moderate, warm undertones and a shiny, metallic finish. It was a lot yellower than it was gold, which was made it harder to dupe by the slew of gold highlighters available on the market. It also wasn’t white gold!
The texture was soft, smooth, and moderately dense, which made it a little thicker than ideal. I’d recommend using a moderately dense brush to pick up–with a lighter hand–and diffuse onto the skin, as it achieved a smoother, more even application of product in my experience. It had rich pigmentation, which was more than marketed, but it didn’t emphasize my skin’s natural texture despite having a high shine finish. The highlighter showed signs of fading after eight and a half hours of wear.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Huda Beauty Northern Lights (LE, ) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Clionadh Apollo (P, $12.50) is more shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Sydney Grace Velvet Gold (P, $9.00) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Anastasia Sunshine (LE, ) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Chanel Duo de Camelias (Left) (LE, $80.00) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Coloured Raine No Flash Needed (P, $25.00) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Urban Decay No Angel (LE, $26.00) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (85% similar).
- Anastasia Butterscotch (LE, ) is more shimmery, warmer (85% similar).
- Rare Beauty Outshine (P, $22.00) is more shimmery, warmer (80% similar).
- Urban Decay Now's the Time (LE, $26.00) is more shimmery, warmer (80% similar).
$12.50/0.21 oz. - $59.52 Per Ounce
There's not much that describes the formula other than it has a "soft, buildable application." They tended to be quite pigmented--semi-opaque to fully opaque--with soft, smoother textures that weren't too dense nor too softly-pressed into the pan. For sheerer or more buildable application, I'd highly recommend using a lighter hand a less-dense brush to do so.
The texture was typically smooth, slightly dense and a bit thicker than most powder highlighters on the market, so they often needed to be really buffed and diffused on the skin. The finishes were often more intense, leaning toward metallic, and occasionally, they emphasized my skin's natural texture when worn at higher coverage levels. They wore between eight and nine hours on me for the most part.
Browse all of our Clionadh Powder Highlighter swatches.
Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Tin Oxide, Iron Oxides, +/- Ultramarines, +/- Chromium Oxide Green, +/- Ferric Ferrocyanide, +/- Bismuth Oxychloride, +/- Manganese Violet, Zinc Stearate, Calcium Carbonate, Kaolin, Silica, Allantoin, Magnesium Stearate, Isopropyl Myristate, Caprylic/ Capric Triglyceride, Dimethicone
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.