Clinique Heather Pop Cheek Pop Blush ($25.00 for 0.12 oz.) is a muted, medium pink with subtle cool undertones and a soft, shimmer-sheen finish. There’s an almost plummy tone to it, but it is light enough that it seems more pink than plum.
It had mostly opaque coverage that was buildable to fully opaque with two layers, but it didn’t have quite as rich of pigment as many other shades from the range have had. It’s also surprisingly similar to two of the other new-for-spring shades, so it may be redundant if you already picked up either Rosy Pop or Pink Pop. The powder had a soft, smooth consistency that was easily applied and blended on the skin for a beautifully diffused, glowing cheek color. It wore well for eight hours before fading slightly.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- MAC Dame (P, $24.00) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- Buxom Havana (P, $22.00) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- Stellar Beauty Beam (P, $25.00) is more shimmery, warmer (95% similar).
- Hourglass Vivid Flush (LE, $40.00) is warmer (95% similar).
- Guerlain Angelic Radiance (LE, $53.00) is less shimmery, warmer (85% similar).
- Make Up For Ever #330 HD Blush (DC, $26.00) is less shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- NARS Loves Me (LE, $30.00) is darker (90% similar).
- MAC At Dusk (LE, $27.00) is more muted (90% similar).
- Tarte Amp (-, ) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Chanel Jardin de Chanel (LE, $55.00) is less shimmery (90% similar).
$21.00/0.12 oz. - $175.00 Per Ounce
The formula is described as “vibrant yet natural-looking cheek colour that looks virtually powderless.” The texture was smooth, soft, and dense, so it was never powdery in the pan or on the skin. The blush had good color payoff that was easily sheered out (or you could apply less, as the denser texture makes that easy to control).
It’s the kind of texture that almost blends itself as soon as you start applying and working it onto the skin. The finish became more luminous as I blended the powder onto the skin, but it was never shiny or overly shimmery, so it always looked smooth on my skin and did not emphasize pores or my skin’s texture. Most shades lasted between eight and nine hours on me.
Browse all of our Clinique Cheek Pop Blush swatches.
Hdi/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer , Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate , Glycerin , Dicalcium Phosphate , Squalane , Ptfe , Dimethicone , Lauroyl Lysine , Ethylhexylglycerin , Chondrus Crispus (Carrageenan) , Polysorbate 80 , Caprylyl Glycol , 1,2-Hexanediol , Zinc Stearate , Silica , Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate , [+/- Mica , Red 7 Lake (Ci 15850) , Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891) , Manganese Violet (Ci 77742) , Red 36 Lake (Ci 12085) , Iron Oxides (Ci 77499) , Ultramarines (Ci 77007) , Red 6 (Ci 15850) , Yellow 6 Lake (Ci 15985) , Blue 1 Lake (Ci 42090) , Orange 5 (Ci 45370) , Bismuth Oxychloride (Ci 77163) , Carmine (Ci 75470) , Red 30 Lake (Ci 73360) , Yellow 5 Lake (Ci 19140) , Iron Oxides (Ci 77491) , Iron Oxides (Ci 77492)]