Ciate Solstice Glow-To HighlighterCiate Solstice Glow-To Highlighter ($29.00 for 0.17 oz.) is a pale pink with a frosted sheen that shifted from cooler lavender to warmer pink. The shimmer was larger in the highlighter, and I felt like it made it more prone to emphasizing my skin’s natural texture as a result. When diffused and blended out to medium coverage, I did not find it noticeably accentuating, though. It had good pigmentation that was buildable to full coverage with a second layer.
The powder was soft, smooth, and blendable overall with a bit of looseness in the pan. I noticed that the whiter base was more prominent when I applied and blended it out on my skin than initially swatched, so it ended up looking a bit lighter than anticipated on my skin tone. I did see the duochrome effect in person, so it appeared cooler and warmer depending on the angle I viewed the highlighter at. The color wore well for eight hours on me before becoming a bit patchy.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Makeup Geek Glitz (P, $20.00) is brighter (95% similar).
- Becca Prismatic Amethyst (LE, $38.00) is darker (95% similar).
- BH Cosmetics Carli Bybel Deluxe Edition #19 (LE, ) is darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Viseart Enamored (Highlight) (PiP, ) is brighter (90% similar).
- Urban Decay Aura (P, $26.00) is cooler (95% similar).
- Looxi Beauty Pandora (P, $7.50) is more shimmery, brighter (90% similar).
- Laura Geller Charming Pink (P, $26.00) is warmer (90% similar).
- Stila Transcendence (PiP, $32.00) is cooler (90% similar).
- Dose of Colors Pearl Dust (P, $28.00) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- bareMinerals Whimsy (P, $29.00) is brighter (85% similar).
$32.00/0.17 oz. - $188.24 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to be an “ultra-soft luminizer” with “long-wear” and built-up to “intense, bold shimmer.” The powders were usually soft and blendable, though a couple were a little looser in the pan, which made them feel drier or dustier.
They were easy to blend and diffuse on the skin and lasted for eight hours, on average. The more sparkly shades emphasized my skin's natural texture a bit while the more luminous shades did not.
Browse all of our Ciate Glow-To Highlighter swatches.
Talc, Mica, Triethylhexanoin, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Silica, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Isododecane, Phenoxyethanol, Dehydroacetic Acid, Hydrated Silica, Decylene Glycol, Tin Oxide, Disodium EDTA, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Citric Acid, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491).