Charlotte Tilbury Pinkgasm Hollywood Beauty Light Wand ($38.00 for 0.4 oz.) is a medium-dark, rosy coral with warm undertones and fine, gold and pink pearl. It had semi-sheer, buildable coverage (to about semi-opaque) that applied evenly to bare skin and played well with base products as it did not lift them up or create patchiness. The consistency was lightweight, thin, and emollient with a bit of slip, which I find seems to encourage these liquid/cream products go apply better over various products. It dried down fast enough not to feel like I was waiting for it but gave me enough time to diffuse and blend out the product on my skin. The finish was dewy but the product didn’t feel tacky. It wore well for nine hours well with minimal fading.
The included, sponge-tip applicator works well for application, though I prefer fingertips as I’m not a huge fan of this style of applicator in general (just looks gross after awhile!).
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Chanel Fleurs de Printemps (Highlighter) (LE, ) is more shimmery, lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Melt Cosmetics Genesis (P, $39.00) is more shimmery, lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Fenty Beauty Rose on Ice (P, $28.00) is more shimmery, more pigmented (90% similar).
- NABLA Cosmetics Independence (P, $26.00) is cooler (85% similar).
- Dior Rising Star (09) (LE, $50.00) is more shimmery, lighter (85% similar).
- NABLA Cosmetics Lola (P, $26.00) is more shimmery, lighter, cooler (85% similar).
- Wet 'n' Wild Halo Gorgeous (P, $5.99) is cooler (90% similar).
- ColourPop Velvet Rope (P, $8.00) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (85% similar).
- MAC Just a Pinch (P, $31.00) is more shimmery, lighter, more pigmented (85% similar).
- Natasha Denona Peach (PiP, ) is less shimmery, lighter (85% similar).
$38.00/0.4 oz. - $95.00 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to add a "kiss of color" with a "soft focus beauty glow." I found the liquid highlighter easy to spread across my skin and blend out along the edges with the included applicator as well as with my fingertips. The formula dried down quickly and didn’t remain wet, but there was enough time to apply and blend. The coverage ranged from sheer to semi-sheer, buildable coverage.
It had a lightweight, thin consistency that was more gel-like, which was particularly easy to work with over base products (and still worked well over bare skin!) as it did not lift up product nor did it create patchiness. They wore between eight and nine hours on me before fading visibly.
Browse all of our Charlotte Tilbury Hollywood Beauty Light Wand swatches.
Aqua/Water/Eau, Hydrogenated Didecene, Isododecane, Mica, Glycerin, Propanediol, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Silica, Sodium Chloride, Hydrogenated Styrene/Isoprene Copolymer, Hydroxyacetophenone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Lindera Strychnifolia Root Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, [+/- Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491), Carmine (Ci 45470)].
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.