Charlotte Tilbury Pillow Talk Hollywood Beauty Light Wand ($38.00 for 0.4 oz.) is a light, pink-peach with moderate, warm undertones and a luminous sheen. It had fine pearl throughout, and while it dried down, it still read a bit dewy on me as it had a stronger sheen.
It had buildable coverage from semi-sheer to mostly opaque, and it was best to apply one layer, let that dry, and then apply the second layer. The consistency was smooth, spreadable, and like a thinner gel-cream as it moved well over bare skin as well as over foundation, so it was more versatile and easier to use overall. It lasted well for eight hours before fading noticeably.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Kevyn Aucoin Starlight (P, $52.00) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Wet 'n' Wild Halo Gorgeous (P, $5.99) is darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Physicians Formula Pink (P, $10.99) is more shimmery, darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Cover FX Blossom (P, $42.00) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Charlotte Tilbury Peachgasm (P, $38.00) is darker (90% similar).
- Hourglass Rose Gold Flash (P, $42.00) is more shimmery, darker, more muted (90% similar).
- Urban Decay Fireball (P, $28.00) is less shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Mr. Wind (LE, $8.00) is more shimmery, darker (85% similar).
- Colour Pop On My Mind (P, $8.00) is darker, cooler, less glossy (85% similar).
- Charlotte Tilbury Pinkgasm (P, $38.00) is darker (80% similar).
$38.00/0.4 oz. - $95.00 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to add a "kiss of color" with a "soft focus beauty glow." I found the liquid highlighter easy to spread across my skin and blend out along the edges with the included applicator as well as with my fingertips. The formula dried down quickly and didn’t remain wet, but there was enough time to apply and blend. The coverage ranged from sheer to semi-sheer, buildable coverage.
It had a lightweight, thin consistency that was more gel-like, which was particularly easy to work with over base products (and still worked well over bare skin!) as it did not lift up product nor did it create patchiness. They wore between eight and nine hours on me before fading visibly.
Browse all of our Charlotte Tilbury Hollywood Beauty Light Wand swatches.
AQUA/WATER/EAU, HYDROGENATED DIDECENE, ISODODECANE, MICA, GLYCERIN, PROPANEDIOL, CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE, SILICA, SODIUM CHLORIDE, HYDROGENATED STYRENE/ISOPRENE COPOLYMER, HYDROXYACETOPHENONE, POLYGLYCERYL-4 ISOSTEARATE, 1,2-HEXANEDIOL, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, TRIETHOXYCAPRYLYLSILANE, TRISODIUM ETHYLENEDIAMINE DISUCCINATE, PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRA-DI-t-BUTYL HYDROXYHYDROCINNAMATE, LINDERA STRYCHNIFOLIA ROOT EXTRACT, PHENOXYETHANOL, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, [+/- TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), IRON OXIDES (CI 77491)].